It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:57 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
Bradley fans are just weird...didnt get any crap or anything but they had absolutely no interest in talking...could barely get eye contact from them...I frankly dont like this...nor do I particularity like to see us bashing other fan bases although from what several have said BU deserves it....glad we put an end to them taking over IRelands before games. ( I will be more than glad to take a little credit for that)

There's a long story as to how it got like that. It takes some weird sociological turns, political turns, etc. Peoria is socially like St. Louis, but economically like Decatur. It's Midwestern Gothic. People who came from or spent significant time in Peoria include Richard Pryor, Dan Fogelberg, Charles Manson, and ex-congressman Aaron Schock.

From 1860 to 1950, Peoria was one of the top 100 cities in the US in population; in 1870, they were the 59th largest city in the US. In 2010, Peoria was ranked 269th. They're not even the largest Peoria in the country anymore.... Peoria, Arizona has about 60,000 more people than Peoria, Illinois.

Since Loyola joined the MVC, Caterpillar, one of the top employers in the Peoria area moved their headquarters to suburban Deerfield. Most people in Chicago probably didn't even notice it happened, but it was HUGE, EARTHSHAKING NEWS in Peoria. I suspect that may be a small part of their animosity toward Loyola (and anyone from this area).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:04 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
Bruno was not on the bench yesterday?

The commentators said the flu bug had hit several players on the team including Krutwig. Bruno was so ill he did not make the trip.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:49 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
Had a great time at the game yesterday....glad we put an end to them taking over IRelands before games. ( I will be more than glad to take a little credit for that)...

Thanks for the great insider report. Nate, you not only deserve credit for saving Ireland's from Bradley takeovers, but also for inspiring the reconfiguration of seating in the Joe after its takeover by Illinois State. This led directly the fantastic atmosphere we have in the arena now but also to a huge home court advantage and three 20-win seasons in a row. I don't think many people know how important you were in creating what we have today.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:58 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:18 pm 

There may well be other incidents I don't know about, but I believe the jacket theft is the biggest post-game swipe since Pat Boyle nabbed a pair of Bowling Green uniform shorts in retaliation shortly after BGU ended the Ramblers' 21-game winning streak at Bowling Green in 1963.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:38 pm 

Now that I think about it, I believe there was some story about Porter possibly taking someone's coat when he coached at Little Rock. Anybody remember that?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:11 am 

Some good stuff here from JCT, ahunte, Nate, and Scream. Ramblermania at its finest!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:32 am 

ahunte1 wrote:
Now that I think about it, I believe there was some story about Porter possibly taking someone's coat when he coached at Little Rock. Anybody remember that?

Here's the article about it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/29/spor ... moser.html

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:09 pm 

Scream wrote:
natetheskate wrote:
Had a great time at the game yesterday....glad we put an end to them taking over IRelands before games. ( I will be more than glad to take a little credit for that)...

Thanks for the great insider report. Nate, you not only deserve credit for saving Ireland's from Bradley takeovers, but also for inspiring the reconfiguration of seating in the Joe after its takeover by Illinois State. This led directly the fantastic atmosphere we have in the arena now but also to a huge home court advantage and three 20-win seasons in a row. I don't think many people know how important you were in creating what we have today.

Yikes I think you got me mixed up with someone else....all I might have been responsible for is having extra security added as I can get worked up during games !!!!! But I did have some conversations with some people about the Bradley ALumn organization renting out Irelands last year. Really pi..ed me off. And I would recommend to everyone to take a road trip to see the Ramblers.....Might not hurt to call ticket office to see where LU has tickets and see if there are any behind the bench cuz that is a great experience....you might miss a play or two as the team stands up for something or Porter pacing back and forth....He often turns around to yell ,,,,but doesnt seem to know who he wants to yell at...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:19 pm 

will be interesting to follow the story of the missing jacket.....would not be surprised if the story ended up similar to that other story...There were a couple of fans in the stands, specifically one in their anemic student section who seemed to be in charge of rallying the troops .....and harassing Porter Moser. Couple of fans riding him pretty hard....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next