It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:47 am 

The University of Texas San Antonio will be hosting Loyola on Tuesday, November 25th.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:01 pm 

galena rambler wrote:
The University of Texas San Antonio will be hosting Loyola on Tuesday, November 25th.

So, not only are we playing bad teams, we're playing bad teams on the road. (Excluding the MTE and the paid beat down at MSU)

NON-CONFERENCE (9 + MTE)
1. at Michigan St. (Nov. 21)
2. at UT-San Antonio (Nov. 25)
3. at Kent St. (Nov. 29)
4. at UIC (Dec. 6)

LAS VEGAS CLASSIC (4)
4. Abilene Christian (Dec. 17) HOME
5. Southern Utah (Dec. 19) HOME
6. Texas Tech (Dec. 22) at Vegas
7. Boise State/Houston (Dec. 23) at Vegas

8. Tulane

Here are the RPIs of the teams we are playing:
MSU - 17
UT San Antonio - 308
Kent State - 215
UIC - 317
Tulane - 220
Abilene Christian - 343
Southern Utah - 348
Texas Tech - 123
Boise State - 81
or Houston - 143

It's bad enough playing 1 team in the 300 level, but at least 4? Come on. I'm guessing that we're going to see at least 1 more game in the 300 level (if not more) and a couple in the 250-300 range.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:03 pm 

Is there a recruit in SA that Moser likes? That's a really bad team to take a H/H with. I keep waiting for Arlington to make progress as a basketball school, but UTSA is all in with football right now and basketball is going to suffer because of it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:06 pm 

SubGod22 wrote:
Is there a recruit in SA that Moser likes? That's a really bad team to take a H/H with. I keep waiting for Arlington to make progress as a basketball school, but UTSA is all in with football right now and basketball is going to suffer because of it.

Maybe he's giving Jeremy King a home game. :lol: :lol:

But in all seriousness, it's probably a gesture to Turk to give him a "home" game.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:08 pm 

Is Abilene Christian still in the transitional phase of DI or are the all in now? I believe if you schedule a transitional team they don't count against your RPI. It's a way to help them get a DI schedule and get situated. I think they may be past that though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:12 pm 

SubGod22 wrote:
Is Abilene Christian still in the transitional phase of DI or are the all in now? I believe if you schedule a transitional team they don't count against your RPI. It's a way to help them get a DI schedule and get situated. I think they may be past that though.

I think they are still transitional as they are in year 2. They aren't eligible for postseason play until 2017-2018. That said, they are considered an RPI institution as of this year.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:20 pm 
Site Admin

GoRamblers wrote:

But in all seriousness, it's probably a gesture to Turk to give him a "home" game.

So play Stephen F. Austin (47), Sam Houston State (126), Texas A&M (147), TCU (215), or TAMU-CC (233).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:34 pm 

Rambler63 wrote:
GoRamblers wrote:

So play Stephen F. Austin (47), Sam Houston State (126), Texas A&M (147), TCU (215), or TAMU-CC (233).

You know that. I know that. But I don't think Porter does. I think he realizes he is in full on "protect my job" mode. It'll probably bite him in the ass when we lose to these terrible teams but, much like Swella, Porter sees the low hanging fruit and is too tempted.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

Seriously, this is a bad one, because it's so avoidable. We're working on a 19-game road losing streak, we haven't won a true road game since January 2013, and we're scheduling a team with a 308 RPI last year, 1100 miles from home? There's not much we can do about the game at UIC against a team with a 317 RPI last year, because we scheduled it before last season. At least we'll be able to bring a decent crowd to UIC. But this one was senseless and avoidable. Very high risk, very low reward. If we win, it doesn't do us much good-- we should have won it. And if we lose, it will hurt us badly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:55 pm 

I view this as another nail in Porter's coffin. He'll probably talk about the one that got away (the Dayton home and home) and how he HAD to schedule this game. It fits with his narrative about running off players and having a young team.

I'm starting to feel like either Sisyphus or Tantalus, though I can't tell which at this moment.