It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Good News-Bad News
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:26 pm 

-- Good News--We are in the MVC--Should really help recruiting
-- Bad News--- We finished last------Should hurt recruiting

-- Good News--We are in the Valley--Should help recruiting
-- Bad News----We finished last------Should hurt recruiting

I wonder how this will pan out---They say Moser is a good recruiter--He will truly NEED this talent as we had NO bench at the end of Conf play this time--NONE whatsoever. EG--Devon Turk--He started out being a deadly three pointer-aleader in the Valley- -a nice first off the bench--he finished a disaster---He appeared to be afraid to make a mistake--you know what happened--he did make mistakes plus the fact that he sometimes could not even hit the rim with his 3 shot. A pity.
There are other examples but you get the idea.

BTW, I liked Cody all year--Need coaching but did he get it ?? With coaching help he will be a presence next year. My new lineup for next year
--Keke, Milton, Osborne Cody and Christian with Crisman or Devon number six--Now then if we have a gem coming in--like Milton for example--USE HIM--no waiting. Unless a miracle pops up, the only real starters are Cody--beef and tall-- Milton--best we have-- and Christian pure heart. The rest --fight it out with the newbies.

Post subject: Re: Good News-Bad News
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

The team looked really uninspired yesterday, but when Cody Johnson came into the game, there was a noticable rise in energy, not just from his play, but from his open enthusiasm. We needed it. If you look at the personalities of the players, it's an odd mix. We've got some quiet players, some moody players, and few guys with the personality (and talent) to be strong floor leaders. The lackluster play in the final games of the conference season points to it as a serious problem. If we're looking for a culture change, that would be a good place to make a lot of progress.

Post subject: Re: Good News-Bad News
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:34 pm 

I thought that PMs comments after the game were interesting. If I had to summarize most of his comments this year it would be that this group has to learn to play harder and with more energy and confidence. Chemistry is always important and I did not get a feel for what the team chemistry is like, other than someone close to the program saying that this is a really nice group of kids.
It would seem that Christian Thomas should be the leader but he just looks angry all the time. Chirsman started to assert himself at the end......Jeff White often looks emotionless and Milton like he is trying to figure it out and when things arent going well he just tries to take over and commits turnovers. O Leary looks unconfident and Osborne????
I am hoping that this is a group that is and will find itself.