It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Smaller towns BUT
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:28 pm 

I must say, with three games in, the "enemy" announcers are so much better than the tribe around the HL--Sure they are for their team as they should be but these guys went so far as to give Sr Jean some face time---CLASS !! Gave us lots of Historical props as well. NICE !

Post subject: Re: Smaller towns BUT
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:21 am 

brot4britu wrote:
I must say, with three games in, the "enemy" announcers are so much better than the tribe around the HL--Sure they are for their team as they should be but these guys went so far as to give Sr Jean some face time---CLASS !! Gave us lots of Historical props as well. NICE !

I was listening to some of the radio pregame last night and our PBP guy, Mike Kennedy, was asked by a caller about Loyola and he and the color guy, Dave Dahl, had a lot of good things. Dave played for WSU back in the 60's I believe and talked about some of the games he'd had and I think he played and defeated your National Champion team and talked about a couple of their players. Very complimentary of your history and made sure to talk about some of your players from the 80's even so people didn't think you haven't had anything going since the mid 60's or so.

Mike also talked up your investment into basketball and facilities, both athletic and academic, and believes that you guys will rise towards the top in due time.

Some of this I'm sure is completely honest and some of it is probably trying to be optimistic and supportive of the new kid on the block. I know I and others are hopeful that improvement is on its way. You're still young. I hope and believe you'll get there and have a chance to take the #2 spot right behind us in time. :twisted: