It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:38 am 

JerseyCityRambler wrote:
Sounds like SLU may be on the move..

If you're referring to their event Tuesday, it's supposedly about facilities, not realignment.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:20 am 

Shockernet reaction:

https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita-st ... ost1312562

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:07 am 

Part 2 of the tweet:

So I guess it's just assumed that Wichita State, which still doesn't have football, is on the move. I have to say this round of realignment is much tougher to figure out. If I'm Wichita, obviously the Big East would be the goal. Beyond that I probably want to go to the Mountain West (especially if they could get Gonzaga, too). The A-10 makes sense but they already have 14 teams.

I'm glad the Valley isn't rushing into things with Murray. If there's a chance to go to 14 by attracting Wichita State (12), then SLU (13), that should open up more possibilities for the 14th school.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:07 am 

Interesting comments on the WSU board.
If you have ever been to Wichita the best thing is the airport when you leave.
The comments remind of the ants in an empty field and here comes the picnic stepping all over the ant hill and there go ants scurrying around wondering what happened
Nice to see their arrogance squashed. Whoa is them! Stay where you are. Enjoy shxter nation.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:23 am 

ahunte1 wrote:
Part 2 of the tweet:

So I guess it's just assumed that Wichita State, which still doesn't have football, is on the move. I have to say this round of realignment is much tougher to figure out. If I'm Wichita, obviously the Big East would be the goal. Beyond that I probably want to go to the Mountain West (especially if they could get Gonzaga, too). The A-10 makes sense but they already have 14 teams.

I'm glad the Valley isn't rushing into things with Murray. If there's a chance to go to 14 by attracting Wichita State (12), then SLU (13), that should open up more possibilities for the 14th school.

I believe Navy is a member of the AAC for football, and another conference for everything else. The opposite of WSU, which is why this would make it 14 schools in both sports.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:30 am 

25yearstreak wrote:
Interesting comments on the WSU board.
If you have ever been to Wichita the best thing is the airport when you leave.

You obviously never had the privilege of taking Dooby’s cab and route from the airport. He’s proud of his town. You know that’s a damn rare thing these days.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:38 am 

01grad wrote:
I believe Navy is a member of the AAC for football, and another conference for everything else. The opposite of WSU, which is why this would make it 14 schools in both sports.

Had no idea. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:06 am 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:27 am 

A very funny comment on the Wichita board is "Still better than the MVC when we left". That may be true. Is the current AAC better than the MVC now? I think Memphis says yes. Is it better next year? The year after that?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:14 pm 

What’s also funny is reading the reaction of some National talking heads about how this will affect Temple and Memphis, implying that they no longer fit with these lower tiered basketball schools.

Ouch.

Wichita State joined an FBS conference with some pretty strong traditional basketball schools. In a few years, they’ll be in an FBS conference where basketball is clearly an afterthought. But getting zero benefit from football. Might as well be a third wheel in Conference USA or the MAC.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next