It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:16 pm 

This will hopefully help Drew schedule better games because P6 schools know they're getting a quality opponent.

I know that the United Center was booked for a game in December 2020, but that was canceled for obvious reasons. I don't know if an opponent was ever identified, but the goal was to get a brand name school. Hopefully, they can schedule a game there this year with an attractive opponent.

It will also be interesting to see how the schedule changes with the new staff. Matt Gordon was the primary scheduler for years, and I'm not sure who will take that role on now. I also don't know if Drew will try to build a schedule differently than Moser.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:07 pm 

Tony Stubblefield just confirmed that DePaul is working out a date to play Loyola this upcoming season on Rothstein's podcast. Glad to hear that the series is still on. I'm looking forward to that game, wherever it occurs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:41 am 

Don't think anyone will be surprised, but no reunion game with Porter this year.

I'm sure this is the kind of schedule Porter's dreamed of putting together for Loyola the last few years.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:59 am 

Very solid. A few cupcakes, but some nice competition overall. Not the best invitational for a big 12 school, but I’m sure that was already locked in. Pretty much all you could ask for and a little more for a first year coach.

Must be really nice to have those built in conference matchups, wish we could start something with the MWC or A10

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:33 am 

That’s the ideal schedule for Porter. He’s got 6 cupcake home wins built in. A few high quality teams at home, and two or three opportunities for some signature nonconference wins. He’s built it perfectly to get 10 non con wins, and if he can go .500 in the big 12, or close to .500 in the big 12 with 1 upset win against Kansas, Baylor, or West Virginia - he’s back in the tournament in good position.

He made good on ONE quality road game against UCF (which is something he bitched about not being able to get from a “big” school when at Loyola). Good for UCF, but it would have been nice to see him give ANY Valley school a game (obviously it wouldn’t have been us since our team is better than his this year). Kind of surprised he didn’t give Mullins at SIU a nice buy-game, as that would have been an obvious choice.

It could not have been more clear that scheduling was the thing Porter hated most about being at Loyola, so I’m glad he got something he wanted and could set his schedule quickly. I’m not rooting for him to succeed OR rooting for him to fail. I’m just interested to see how he does with his system with all new kids, and whether the players buy in to it and STAY bought In. That defensive system only works when everyone is on the same page, and he doesn’t have the luxury of running kids off who don’t cooperate.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:18 am 

Toledo. I really go not care what or who Moser schedules We have a good team and hopefully we NEVER EVER play him or his-- I really think we are at least number 2 in Illinois

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:58 pm 

Season starts at home against Coppin St. also at home against
Chicago State, UIC and Norfolk st. Also heard Furman.
Road game against DEPaul and Davidson.
Start MVC season 12/1 against undetermined team at the Joe.
Of course we have the Atlantis tournament which includes Baylor, Auburn and Michigan State over
Thanksgiving. Three games in three days.
Things are progressing nicely per Drew Valentine. There supposedly be a video showing the team getting their MVC rings. The team has been working out for four weeks and practicing on their own per NCAA guidelines.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:04 pm 

25yearstreak wrote:

12/1? Or Jan. 1?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:34 pm 

December 1st was said.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:37 pm 

25yearstreak wrote:
Season starts at home against Coppin St. also at home against
Chicago State, UIC and Norfolk st. Also heard Furman.
Road game against DEPaul and Davidson.
Of course we have the Atlantis tournament which includes Baylor, Auburn and Michigan State over
Thanksgiving. Three games in three days.
Things are progressing nicely per Drew Valentine. There supposedly be a video showing the team getting their MVC rings. The team has been working out for four weeks and practicing on their own per NCAA guidelines.

Would love to get one more quality home game--an A-10/MWC level team.

Also, 12/1 is really early. That's interesting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next