It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 73  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:17 pm 

Is “Top 6” a new thing for recruits? Seems like a random number, but I keep seeing it for recruiting lists now.

Going somewhere that will give him a good opportunity to play professionally seems to be a big priority for him. You might think that would put us at a disadvantage because of our conference. But, he probably has a better chance to play as a freshman here (which he mentioned) than at a place like Kansas. And, having a head coach whose brother is in the NBA and works out with the team is a nice thing to have in our corner.

Interesting that we appear to be his last official visit scheduled. That could mean something. Or it could mean nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:24 pm 

Bobi Klintman is huge news. He's one of the top international prospects in the country. 247 said when they redo their rankings on 9/15, Klintman is going to be at least a 4-star. Landing him would be the biggest get Loyola has had in decades.

It's not out of the question either. The Swede, a 6 foot almost 9 inch forward, has narrowed the schools down to 6 but is only scheduled to visit 3.

He'll make his first stop at Maryland on 9/17. Here's what he had to say about them, "I would say I like them like a lot of other schools, their playing style fits me. Like every school in my top list, I think they are a school that could help me go to the next level and help me as a basketball player.”

Then, he'll make a trip to Rutgers on 9/24. Here's what he says about them, "They’ve been contacting me almost every day and I don’t complain about that because I think their coaching staff is really good. I talk to coach Pikiell and he told me that everybody there likes each other and cares for each other.”

His finals scheduled visit will be with Loyola Chicago on 10/1. Here's what he has to say about us, "I like them because they are winning, and they are an up-and-coming program. They aren’t in the biggest conference, and they beat teams in bigger conferences.I think it is a good up-and-coming program and like the other programs they have a playing style that fits me. I think I could have a chance to come in and play as a freshman directly.”

All information and quotes come directly from this 247 article: https://247sports.com/Article/Swedish-f ... 170042561/

That article also has quotes from Klintman about Kansas, Texas A&M, and Virginia.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:44 pm 

Klintman would be a starter on the Ramblers by the end of non-con play in his freshman year. We've got Damzei and Schweiger competing to start at that spot. Even if Damzei explodes into what he's always been billed as, Klintman would see 15-20 minutes of play by the end of his first year.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:50 am 

I'd be happy to show him around Andersonville. It would be the biggest thing to happen here since King Gustav's visit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:35 am 

ahunte1 wrote:
I'd be happy to show him around Andersonville. It would be the biggest thing to happen here since King Gustav's visit.

Speaking of Andersonville, many years ago I used to hang around Women and Children First bookstore trying to pick up chicks.

Never had any success for some reason.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:02 am 

swellafelon wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:

Speaking of Andersonville, many years ago I used to hang around Women and Children First bookstore trying to pick up chicks.

You should try Farraguts.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:25 am 

jmiller2794 wrote:
swellafelon wrote:

You should try Farraguts.

No thanks.

Last time I was at Farraguts I got beat up by some big-ass drunk who took exception to something I said.

Still have a scar over my left eye from where she clocked me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:21 am 

Bobi Klintman might be a 4☆ recruit, but he's a "B-" orthographically.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:01 am 

Bobi has a younger brother Mikai. They both played on the Swedish U18 National team. He's much smaller than Bobi (6 footer) and plays point guard. Looked very quick on video.

Maybe we can work out a package deal...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:07 pm 

Swedish package sounds very arousing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 73  Next