It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ramblers in France
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:38 pm 

brot4britu wrote:
I just returned from a trip so am behind thongs--
Did we win first game ??

please advise our 144 ranking
Thanks a ton

Brot

I remember the days of being behind thongs. Makes me miss my 20’s.

Just funnin’ ya, Brot. Good to hear from you.

We did win the first game in France. I don’t think we’ve been named yet in the 144 rankings.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:40 pm 

We won ?? Great way to start !! Thanks !!

GAY Paree ?? Amazing!! Good on AD and school

I never did get to La Belle France But I did visit Italy with Venice being my favorite along with Vatican My all time favorite though is the Step Pyramid in EGYPT

Onward!! GO RAMBLERS !!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:07 pm 

Loyola basketball twitter posted photos of today's practice showing Golden and Kennedy in uniform.

Great news! Expect to see Golden play Wednesday but not Kennedy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:53 am 

Really sloppy on offense to start today’s game. The team we’re playing today seems to be better than the first team, especially on defense, but our offense just didn’t look in sync at first. It seemed to work better with both Norris and Quinn on the floor at the same time, though. Nice run to end the half. From down 14 to down only 2. We also look a little better on defense than the first game, imo. I think a lot of this is just Drew trying to see how different lineups work.

en français:

Vraiment bâclé en attaque pour commencer le match d'aujourd'hui. L'équipe que nous affrontons aujourd'hui semble être meilleure que la première équipe, en particulier en défense, mais notre attaque n'a tout simplement pas semblé synchronisée au début. Cela semblait cependant mieux fonctionner avec Norris et Quinn sur le sol en même temps. Belle course pour terminer la mi-temps. De moins 14 à seulement 2. Nous avons également l'air un peu mieux en défense que le premier match, imo. Je pense qu'une grande partie de cela est juste Drew essayant de voir comment fonctionnent les différentes files d'attente.

Last edited by 01grad on Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:53 am 

After being down by double digits for much of the 1st half, the Ramblers put on a late surge to only be down 40-38 at halftime.

I am surprised by the size of the crowd. Looks like many 100s of spectators showed up.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:59 am 

Let's not forget that we're playing a professional team from what I gather is France's premiere league. Their players are considerably older and more experienced than we are.

All in all I think the Ramblers are more than holding their own.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:02 pm 

Playing a team of grown men, professionals in the top French league. This is the type of team that college guys who aren't quite NBA level end up on.

We were down double digits at a couple points but have fought back to be down 2 at half. They are much more physical than we are, but I think we are holding our own. The crowd LOVES blocks more than dunks or 3s or anything, which I kind of find funny. Big "ouuuuuu"s from the crowd with every block.

Golden is playing. Looks a little shaky with turnovers and not grabbing boards. Alston and Hutty have also been turning it over too, but Alston had a nice and-1 and a really big dunk. Welch has looked like our best big man, imo.

Quinn again looks great, but he has also committed some bad TOs. Braden steady as ever but struggling to find a consistent 3 point stroke, I think. Of the transfers, Edwards has been getting the most minutes and has looked solid. Wilson seems to get lost a bit in the shuffle when he's out there. Saint has looked pretty good on defense.

Fun game. Good test. Love watching Loyola basketball.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:05 pm 

N'oublions pas que nous affrontons une équipe professionnelle de ce que je comprends est la première ligue de France. Leurs joueurs sont considérablement plus âgés et plus expérimentés que nous.

Dans l'ensemble, je pense que les Ramblers font plus que tenir le coup.

Garçon de Cigare Suce!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:20 pm 

We're getting killed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:27 pm 

Pas une bonne troisième période, c'est le moins qu'on puisse dire.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next