It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Ramblers in France
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:27 am 

The team heads out to France tomorrow for a 10-day trip during which they will play three games. GREAT news---all three games will be streamed for free on YouTube. Huge props to the Athletic Department & media team for setting this up. I know we are all starving for basketball content...this should help out! Schedule is:

Saturday, August 13 vs Le Cannet Basket at 1pm CT
Wednesday, August 17 vs Roanne at 12pm CT
Saturday, August 20 vs FOS Provence at 9am CT

No Quise so should be interesting to see some newcomers get serious play. Excited to Schwieger after the open practice reports.

Post subject: Re: Ramblers in France
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:07 pm 

I propose that all posts in this thread be in French.
(Je propose que tous les messages de ce fil soient en français.)

To that end I have taken the liberty of translating goramblers2011's post:
( À cette fin, j'ai pris la liberté de traduire le post de goramblers2011)

goramblers2011 wrote:
L'équipe se rend en France demain pour un voyage de 10 jours au cours duquel elle jouera trois matchs. GRANDE nouvelle --- les trois jeux seront diffusés gratuitement sur YouTube. D'énormes accessoires au département des sports et à l'équipe des médias pour avoir mis cela en place. Je sais que nous sommes tous affamés de contenu sur le basket-ball... cela devrait nous aider ! L'horaire est :

Samedi 13 août vs Le Cannet Basket à 13h CT
Mercredi 17 août vs Roanne à 12h CT
Samedi 20 août vs FOS Provence à 9h CT

No Quise devrait donc être intéressant de voir certains nouveaux arrivants jouer sérieusement. Excité à Schwieger après les rapports de pratique ouverts.

Garçon de Cigare Suce!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:16 pm 

Parlez vu a huma huma?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:58 pm 

Anyone else watch today's game? Some positives and negatives. Neither Kennedy nor Golden played. Anyone know what's up with Golden?

Defense gave up too many easy buckets, especially down low. Had a lot of open looks not fall in the 1st half, I thought. Alston had some nice blocks but is a bit messy with the ball at times....explosive though. Braden got hurt...looked serious...but he was back out there a few minutes later.

I really think Jalen Quinn was our best overall player. He was electric. Really impressive watching him drive to he hoop. He finishes strong.

Welch was also really impressive, I thought. Looks a lot quicker.

Saint missed some open looks, but I thought he looked a little more engaged on defense.

I think this French team was a semi-pro type squad. Can't seem to find much information on them. They had a nice little crowd there. Next couple games are against pro teams in the top level of French basketball...those are going to be tough. Should be a great experience.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:28 pm 

interesting that they played the final 4 or 5 minutes with Quinn, Schweiger, Lewis on the court...Agree Quinn looked good. I thought the French team played good basketball. Thought Quinn and Schwieger both showed good ability to get to the hoop. Nice to watch some hoops...I found the replay of the game on Facebook page of the French team Le Cannet Côte d'Azur Basket
Goldens mom said he rolled an ankle but should play on Wednesday.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:11 pm 

I watched the replay. The live feed didn't really work on my phone, except the last few minutes of the game.

Was nice just to watch Rambler basketball again. Didn't realize how much I missed it. I thought overall we looked pretty good against a talented French team.

The story of the game in my mind were the freshmen. Jalen Quinn is a stud. Ben Schwieger lived up to the recent hype, and Trayvon Lewis exceeded expectations. Only disappointment is Jayden Dawson; I don't even think he made an appearance.

Of the transfers who played, Alston impressed the most. Sheldon Edwards had a nice dunk. I don't recall Jeameril Wilson making any plays. Nate is correct that Golden rolled an ankle in practice and should be available next game.

Saint Thomas didn't get much playing time, and none in crunch time. Tom Welch had a lot more minutes than Hutson as the Rambler big.

All in all am happy with how we played. Will be interesting to see how we fare in the next two games, especially if, as Nate says, the competition is stiffer.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:03 pm 

I probably wouldn’t read too much into playing time or rotations. I got the impression Drew was substituting pretty liberally to get everyone in. Curious to see if he tightens the rotation against the higher level teams next week.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:35 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
Only disappointment is Jayden Dawson; I don't even think he made an appearance.

Jayden had some sort of non-covid illness and couldn’t travel with the team unfortunately.

Haven’t been able to rewatch the game yet. Biggest surprise to me off the bat is the starting group not including one of Wilson or Edwards with Kennedy out. Figured early on it would be more experienced transfers. Good for Quinn and Schwieger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:36 am 

Been waiting for an opportune time to post this:

JALEN QUINN = JASON KIDD 2.0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:26 pm 

I just returned from a trip so am behind thongs--
Did we win first game ??

please advise our 144 ranking
Thanks a ton

Brot