It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Lucas Williamson
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:09 am 

the guy deserves his own thread, probably stickied at the top of this section for the next half decade.

There were players in the past with bigger numbers in their careers but there is no one who has impacted the program as he has.

Post subject: Re: Lucas Williamson
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:22 am 

Amen. Lucas has been an incredibly great all around player..... and ambassador for the program. His contributions to the program cannot be measured. And I believe he will continue to contribute to the program for years to come.

Lucas is my favorite Rambler of all time...... and I have told him that personally several times.

In terms of impact on the program....I would say he is number 2 all time... just a hair behind Cam. And that is only because Cam was a center....which are so very hard for mid majors to recruit.....and the trajectory of the program could never have changed as quickly without Cam. But let's not split hairs......

Thank you for everything Lucas.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:30 am 

Will forever be grateful for Lucas. His contributions as a freshman to the F4 team, shutting down Ayo in the win over Illinois, winning multiple DPOYs, his involvement with The Loyola Project...just an ambassador to the program. I've said it before, but he is someone who makes me proud to be a Rambler.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:59 am 

Sloth84 wrote:
Amen. Lucas has been an incredibly great all around player..... and ambassador for the program. His contributions to the program cannot be measured. And I believe he will continue to contribute to the program for years to come.

Lucas is my favorite Rambler of all time...... and I have told him that personally several times.

In terms of impact on the program....I would say he is number 2 all time... just a hair behind Cam. And that is only because Cam was a center....which are so very hard for mid majors to recruit.....and the trajectory of the program could never have changed as quickly without Cam. But let's not split hairs......

Thank you for everything Lucas.

1 and 1a

Krutwig deserves his own as well.

I don't blame Cam for leaving. I put Williamson ahead of him because of the decision to return for a fifth year and the success realized during this year. Also, he was a different kind of recruit for us. I would have hoped his presence opened us up more to high level public league players (it hasn't) but he really stepped out of his comfort zone by accepting a scholarship here versus other schools.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:06 pm 

There was an article in the Chicago tribune right after Lucas made his decision to attend Loyola. An excerpt from the article:

“I really think Loyola is on the verge of doing something special and I want to be a part of it," Williamson said Monday. "I really believe in the coaches, and the guys in my class are high-level guys. I think we can take Loyola to unprecedented land."

Could not have been more spot on

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:01 am 

Do you guys think Lucas has a chance to make it in the NBA, not as a draft prospect but by grinding his way in (Summer league, overseas, G-league)? I'm not sure what his plans are after March Madness this year but as a Loyola fan obviously we all would be ecstatic about one of the team members making it professionally. From his defensive performances over the year (shutting down Ayo, consistently holding star players in check, 2-time MVC DPOY). He's shot 38% from three over his career, he seems like a candidate for a three and D type role player in the NBA. He might be a tad bit undersized, and he's not the most athletic guard when comparing to NBA players but I hope he at least gets some tryouts with NBA teams. Aher seems like the better candidate physically, but his offense is less consistent than Lucas.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:22 am 

Thinking he gets some tryouts and hoping for a summer league invite. Marques got an invite and while maybe he’s a twitchier athlete I don’t see a gap there, especially on the translatable skills of shooting/defense where I think Lucas wins out. Obviously Milt has been to a couple summer leagues, his scoring translates anywhere. Donte was on a roster for summer league but didn’t get much run before the G League if I remember right

Ben, Clay, Donte, Marques, and Milt all had NBA tryouts, I’m sure he’ll at least get there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:35 am 

Will Alcock has been invited to try out for the Washington Generals, per Shams Charania.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:09 pm 

As I said in another thread, I think he gets drafted in the second round.

I didn't believe that to be true before this year but his offense has really emerged. I don't think he will ever be looked at for his offense by the NBA but it is no longer an impediment.

He has an NBA level skill, which may play as the last man on a bench.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:42 pm 

He is on the Rambler Mt. Rushmore.

I think Williamson has a chance of playing at the next level. I thought he was the best player on the team for years.

With that said, I think Uguak has better pro potential. He is not as well rounded a player, but he has specialized skills that will serve him better at the next level.