It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Early Summer Update
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:03 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
Heaven forbid that this season is cancelled or greatly abbreviated, but if it is I believe the NCAA would likely make temporary rule changes for the next season to help the affected players.
I'm thinking of such measures as granting an extra year of eligibility (no need to sit out and red shirt), and expanding the number of allowable scholarships to accommodate the unexpectedly returning seniors and incoming recruits.

If that were the case, how many of our seniors do you think would stick around for another year to play?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:51 pm 

Wow, Toledo, that's asking for speculation upon speculation! While I have been known to engage in multiple levels of speculation in the past (e.g. six degrees of separation from fact) I am hesitant to venture a guess...

Three.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:57 am 

Four.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:25 am 

It is a lot of speculation, but having a full season just does not look promising right now.

Nothing has even been announced and already disappointed.

I thought I read something that the Northern Iowa team has been doing team workouts on campus. Are we?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:32 pm 

Are we talking about two different rules here?

One rule – permanent - each player can transfer once in his college career and not have to sit?

Another rule - temporary - all players for this year will receive an extra year of eligibility (this year won’t count against them)?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:28 am 

Things that were interesting about Porter talking at media day yesterday:

1) Schedule -- He says he has nothing to report as far as what our schedule is going to be. He says he's frustrated that he spends a ton of time each day (still) trying to schedule games -- even though its October now. He's trying to use the pandemic situation as an opportunity to try and get "better games." He thinks he's going to not schedule us for the max amount of games and keep a game open in case something happens where a power 5 school may need an opponent on the fly, with the hope that it will get us a another good game.

2) Porter just gave the team a 2 week break because -- with the conference schedule starting December 30 and the Chicago restrictions... Players are not going to be able to go home for holidays.

3) A question came up about The NCAA giving everyone an extra year of eligibility, and if Porter has talked to Krutwig (or others) about coming back. He said he has NOT talked to anyone on the team about it, but he's glad its a rule.

Side note -- Porter DEFINITELY took a picture of his office... uploaded it to his computer ... and used the picture as a virtual background to make it look like he was there.... (haha).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6