It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:05 pm 

We're doing a lot of really good things so far. If we start hitting some threes, we can put some distance between us and them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:17 pm 

Just one half to go. Been cheering for the Ramblers about as hard as I cheer for my Sycamores. Hoping you guys pull it off!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:37 pm 

I can't STAND this UP eight with 13 mins left !!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:06 pm 

Wtf is going on with the offense I'm the last 5 minutes?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:11 pm 

A rough way to end the season but this has been better than any of us could have hoped. This team was so amazing. Credit to them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:23 pm 

Nothing to hang your heads about. That was a great NCAA tournament run and you guys represented the conference well. Thank you for actually giving me a reason to watch the tournament past the opening weekend. Unfortunately it looked like the team was a little gassed in the last 10 minutes or so of the second half.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:25 pm 

That was about the worst we looked all season for that four minute stretch. Easily our worst game from three-- only one made three that I can remember. We let them start dictating the pace. They turned up the defense a notch when we were out of synch after the Townes injury.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:40 pm 

WE did the best we could==Far too big for us !! Right back again next year !!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:41 pm 

Grats to Loyola for building a great team, having a great scheme, and executing it. I was prepared to say that in defeat. Loyola only loss for want of a "Piece of Steak", one of my favorite competition stories. JCT was right. The pace of the 2nd half got out of Loyola's hands even when they were maintaining the lead. UM brought in Simons and Poole and changed tactics by attacking the baseline where the packline could not help. This only works when you have insane athletes like Mathews and Poole. If Loyola had one more reliable bench guy you folks win as UM was completely confused. When the perimeter shots were not falling Loyola got into that pack line shell and shut all of the drives off. 2nd half the team definitely got tired. Cramps are not an injury. They happen when you have to play too many minutes at to high an intensity.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:27 am 

hfhmilkman wrote:
Grats to Loyola for building a great team, having a great scheme, and executing it. I was prepared to say that in defeat. Loyola only loss for want of a "Piece of Steak", one of my favorite competition stories. JCT was right. The pace of the 2nd half got out of Loyola's hands even when they were maintaining the lead. UM brought in Simons and Poole and changed tactics by attacking the baseline where the packline could not help. This only works when you have insane athletes like Mathews and Poole. If Loyola had one more reliable bench guy you folks win as UM was completely confused. When the perimeter shots were not falling Loyola got into that pack line shell and shut all of the drives off. 2nd half the team definitely got tired. Cramps are not an injury. They happen when you have to play too many minutes at to high an intensity.

If it was cramps even Lebron has cramped up in San Antonio.
I think there's something about the heat in San Antonio that makes top athletes more susceptible to cramping.