It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:47 am 

LU 86 wrote:
Is there a post season ranking poll?

Yes the final AVCA poll comes out tomorrow.

I drafted an email to Kniffin daring him not to vote Loyola #1. Debating whether to send it, or tone it down...

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:29 pm 

It was the greatest volleyball match I have ever seen. And I'm not just saying that as a Loyola fan. It was battle from start to finish. Lewis grinding out the comeback in the first set. Loyola grinding out their own comeback in the second. As usual Dan Friend takes off the jacket when things start going down. Loyola run on them in the third. Championship point at the end of set 4 and couldn't convert. Going up 2-0 in the 5th and giving up the next 4. At that moment the range of emotions I was feeling was wide ranging. Getting championship points at 14-11. We are going nuts in the Loyola section. From this point on, it was hectic. Lewis ties it at 14. Heart stopping. They get Championship point. We fight back for Championship point. Heart pounding. Back and forth from 14-14 on. I couldn't take it. I almost felt like crying if we lost. I pulled myself together. Loyola and Lewis did not lose focus. Shane Davis stomping one foot as Lewis wins a point. Mark Hulse making a grimace after losing a point. Loyola parents going nuts right behind me when we save championship point, when we get championship point. Curses all around when Lewis fights us off and gets championship point several times. The up ref, a MIVA ref, pointing to the wrong direction after a Loyola block that everyone thought was in. I'm celebrating, the fans are, the players are. Oops as the up ref points to himself immediately as he acknowledges a mistake. It was the right call as replay showed the ball missing by inches. We go on and on and on. Championship point Loyola at 22-21. BIG TIME BLOCK! Epic, epic set and match.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:30 pm 

Apparently we have some obnoxious fans that visit the Volley Talk forum. I mean, they hate us over there

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:34 pm 

GoRamblers wrote:
Apparently we have some obnoxious fans that visit the Volley Talk forum. I mean, they hate us over there

I've been on VT for almost ten years now. There are a lot of level headed people, and a lot not so much. JCT puts out a lot of solid arguments and sometimes just to get a discussion going. Boy do some of them take the bait and turns it into a war against the Midwest and Loyola.

Last edited by vuster4 on Sun May 10, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:35 pm 

GoRamblers wrote:

That would be me. I challenged a lot of regular posters on MPSF bias and elitism, and they especially didn't like it when it turned out to be true, predictable, and wholly exposed as a fraud.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:46 pm 

GoRamblers wrote:

Hate us cuz they ain't us.

GO RAMBLERS

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 6:16 pm 

The classless UC Irvine program led by their POS-coach David Kniffin chose not to congratulate the Ramblers, thus continuing the lack of respect they've shown us.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:42 pm 

JCT wrote:
GoRamblers wrote:

That would be me. I challenged a lot of regular posters on MPSF bias and elitism, and they especially didn't like it when it turned out to be true, predictable, and wholly exposed as a fraud.

Well, in that case, they need to grow the f up. If it was a random, I would understand, But JCT is a local.

2011 is right. They hate us cause they ain't us.

F 'em. Go Ramblers!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:20 pm 

I had a feeling that was a reference to JCT :)

Keep giving them hell.

There was one truly hilarious post about the "Illinois champ."

vuster, you said the Loyola section... Was that not you sitting second row, baseline? I don't know you, but that guy looked like a vuster... :)

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:28 pm 

I was on the first row to the right of the down ref with the Loyola families.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next