It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: owen mcandrew
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:58 pm 

Anyone know the status of Owen McAndrew?
He had a boot on a few games ago. Will he be back this year?

Post subject: Re: owen mcandrew
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:32 am 

Good question. My guess is as good as yours. He's been in street clothing for the last several weeks. He along with Coach Davis presented retiring IPFW Head Coach Arnie Ball with a gift during a pre-game ceremony at Gentile last Thursday.

Loyola hasn't been fully healthy for a couple of months now. Between Olson, McAndrews, and Caldwell being out for some stretches, the team has relied on new freshman middle Jeff Jendryk all season pretty much. He had been starting early with McAndrews being experimented at Right Side. When Olson was out a while, McAndews moved back to the Middle and Ben Plaisted took over at Right Side. The first time I saw Olson back a few weeks ago was when I first noticed McAndrews not dressed. On a side note, Thomas Jaeschke was not in the lineup or even on the bench last Thursday. However, he was back in action a couple days later at Ball State.

In my opinion, I don't think McAndrews will make it back into the lineup when he heals up. I think Jendryk has solidified the middle position with more than decent offense and blocking this season. While Olson is healthy, he's playing for sure. McAndrews didn't show much at Right Side early and Plaisted has had some okay performances so my guess is that Owen is the odd man out going forward.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:58 pm 

Thanks, V. I have been following men's volleyball for the last few seasons especially at the Norville. It seems as if Own is very talented but there certainly is a lot of talent on this exciting team.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:53 am 

Yeah, having a lot of talent is not such a bad problem to have. Owen was and still is a good middle.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:26 am 

Owen was in uniform and took part in warmups at Lewis a couple nights ago. As I suspected, he didn't play.