It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Off The Rails
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:12 pm 

When will the next win come. I thought tonight might be the night but to lose by thirty to a four win team.

Post subject: Re: Off The Rails
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:07 am 

It was a tough game to watch, the second half was miserable.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:23 pm 

I don't think things are going to get any better either. I feel so bad for the players.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:51 pm 

40-16 second half run to close out game today after it was tied at 25 v. Wichita State

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:44 pm 

We may be the worst team in the country right now..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:46 pm 

IMHO, I don't think this team is even close to being the number one priority of the Coach. You just have to look at her social media to see that. I do think she and her representation did an excellent job of bamboozling an inept CHRO with ZERO athletic experience into a contract extension without any of the regular provisions a coaching contract requires for producing a losing season last year.
I also think the Calhoun relied on her friend Malisch for advice in hiring her in the first place. After all a D2 player, Former Asst Coach, and history major turned IT administrator should be an excellent evaluator of coaching talent.
Yet our University rewards these people.
The real question is does anybody care what effect this has on the athletes that were recruited to attend Loyola.
Or should they be as Tom Kelly has said 'be grateful for everything Loyola does for them'

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:48 am 

Our next game is at home versus Bradley, who has one measly win. If we can't beat them, then we'll be winless for over 2 months.

The two negatives to firing Swoopes are money (thanks Tom Kelly for the contract extension) and losing out on some very good recruits that she's bringing in. Other than that, it'll be really tough to justify letting her keep her job after this season.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:42 pm 

You're right about the money. How do you justify canning her when you just cut a 1/3 of a scholarship from the men's volleyball team to help cut your budget. It's a mess and the only ones responsible are Kelly and his minions. Kelly likes to talk a big game but he and Malisch were cutting corners left and right. I mean she's CIO and I can't get a cell signal in Gentile (a signal booster is 100-200 part) or tap into the university wifi (programming job to open it up for that area for 2 hours).
The big question students should be asking is how the budget was cut for campus security. Another dept that's under Kelly's control. That's something that completely puzzles me. The Phoenix should be asking all those types of questions of Kelly. Good God! A student was shot in the face and chest 1 1/2 blocks from campus! That's his dept, and we see how athletics is run under him why would that dept be different. The university needs to wake up and realize a good administrator isn't someone always willing to squeeze every penny. A good administrator is someone who can maximize every penny. That's what an organization gets when you solely rely on direct reports.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:04 pm 

LU 86 wrote:
I mean she's CIO and I can't get a cell signal in Gentile (a signal booster is 100-200 part) or tap into the university wifi (programming job to open it up for that area for 2 hours).
The big question students should be asking is how the budget was cut for campus security. Another dept that's under Kelly's control. That's something that completely puzzles me. The Phoenix should be asking all those types of questions of Kelly. Good God! A student was shot in the face and chest 1 1/2 blocks from campus! That's his dept, and we see how athletics is run under him why would that dept be different. The university needs to wake up and realize a good administrator isn't someone always willing to squeeze every penny. A good administrator is someone who can maximize every penny. That's what an organization gets when you solely rely on direct reports.

And now we know why we can't get 18-22 year old students who grew up in the technological age to basketball games.

And I include the Campus Safety part because I 100% agree with you on that. That's a really serious issue that definitely deserves a lot more merit and discussion around LU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:09 pm 

Honest question---what can we, as alums, do to get this tub of lard fired? I am not in tune with happenings at Loyola--I just contribute financially when I am able to (not often as I am a grad student out of state). It just hurts seeing someone so inept have such an important position at my alma mater.