It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Dustin Edwards
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:47 pm 

What happened with Dustin Edwards? He was hired as an assistant coach for the women in July, and appears to be gone before practice starts in September. Does anyone have any information?

Post subject: Re: Dustin Edwards
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:20 pm 

Good catch, Galena.

Edwards is no longer listed as an assistant on Loyola's website.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:24 pm 

I'm hoping for a good scandal ...something involving sexual harassment, reverse discrimination, gender politics, etc., with Grace Calhoun in the middle of it all.

Ramblermania has been beyond boring for the past several weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

It's not that you haven't tried to liven things up.... Also, I made a huge miscalculation in terms of reacting to tips that I probably should have held off on. I gave an embarrasing mea culpa. So I wouldn't call it "boring" or without drama. And (not that I have to remind you) the site is fully and freely open to criticism of my actions as editor.

Look, if you want to write about something to stir things up, why not write about how LU golf, cross country, and women's soccer have totally outperformed league expectations? What about doing an essay about how Sean O'Mara's committment to LU would change things? What about doing an essay on the difference between the HL and MVC? I know you're a compelling writer with impeccable rhetorical skills, so how about stating your case in a more formalized format than chunks of insinuations on the message board? If you have a good case to state, I'd put it on the front page.

So... you have a free format to post your objections to the current AD administration right here. If your story is compelling and supported by facts, I'm willing to put it in a spotlight. If it's just personalized carping or unsubstantiated things, then no-go. But there is ALWAYS something to write about.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:18 am 

I am in complete agreement with you John. I just wondered what took you so long.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:06 pm 

Good Goin' 64--You beat me to the punch--Swella appears to be geting personal--Maybe not--BUT his stuff did have a tendency to get things riled up--Now however, if I can quote the actor Leo Genn in the epic movie--"Quo Vadis", ".........Please do not bore me to death"

My take is that we have not been as successful in Loyola Sports for years as we have been under Ms Calhoun. So Swella Please give it a rest !!