It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: ALL TRuth
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:27 am 

If this true and bullying occurred I don't see how anyone involved survives this top to bottom. If my kid was a an alleged victim I would lawyer up and hold everyone from the president down to the asst coaches responsible.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:45 am 

86 when you say top to bottom wouldn't survive how high do you think that goes or should go?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:01 am 

I've heard some of the rumors. Allegedly players, some with parents, have come to the Admin for the last two years and obviously nothing was done. I don't know the reasons why that is. I do know the statement by Jermaine about transfers is laughable. It's not normal for this many to leave and it's not just players but coaches and managers over her tenure. Truax is the admin that oversees women's hoops. There is absolutely no way Malisch, Kelly, Watson and the people he brought in were not aware of this. One other side note the Bowling Green AD just resigned. I'm sure Watson and Truax will apply.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:01 am 

LU .Just curious as to why you think AD Watson would be looking again so soon....Is this a hunch or have you heard something?
On the original thread,,,if allegations are true I really hope the University deals with this up front......

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:44 am 

He graduated from there and it pays about double what we pay.
I guess that's what all this points to about why kids were leaving is when did the university know? It certainly wasn't this week.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:49 am 

It seems that a few years ago we decided we wanted to re-enter the world of big time athletics but we are still trying to figure out what the rules are and if we want to play. They have had enough time to figure out whether Watson is the guy or not...He has had enough time to figure out if LU is a fit for him or not. If it is mutual then LU needs to step up and pay him. If not then LU really needs to think this thing through and the first thing they need to understand is you dont get steak for hamburger prices.
Also besides Bowling Green being his Alma mater I am thinking being able to leave this women's basketball situation behind would be a bonus.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:10 pm 

If Watson leaves now, it puts us adrift in the wilderness for at least another 2 years while a new AD gets his/her feet. I don't think LU can afford to continue to do that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:36 pm 

This reminds me a lot of the Illinois scandal last year. Some of the quotes from the Phoenix article are close to the same quotes from Illini players. UofI denied everything and covered up until an independent investigation was called. It led to the coach and athletic director to be fire among others.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:18 pm 

Also glad to see Swoopes at the WNBA draft when her team is leaving in unprecedented numbers. Isn't LOYOLA paying her to be the women's coach

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:40 pm 

The Sun Times wrote an article saying there will be an investigation independent from the Athletic Department. I am glad the Athletic Department is not performing the investigation and I will be interested to see what they will find. It is clear something is wrong but how far does it go?

Here is the link to that Sun Times article.
http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/loyo ... me-player/