It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: What rails?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:01 pm 

Swoopes has dismissed Simone Law from the team. As a consequence of that action four other players have quit the team.
1. Did Swoopes have any idea that the others would quit?
2. Did Watson know that Swoopes was going to dismiss Law?
3. Where is Kelly taking responsibility for giving her an extension and allowing her to run five players out.
4. Does anyone care about these girls or is this a money and ass covering exercise.

I love Swoopes twitter avatar 'Trust The Process'. What process could that refer to. How to run a team with six players?

Post subject: Re: What rails?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:42 am 

Saw some rumors on social media about an incident at Fordham hall. I assume that's what led to folks getting kicked off the team. Sad.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:47 pm 

It's quite sad what's happened to the women's team. Obviously, 86, you're right about what a horrible idea it is to give Swoopes the contract extension, and unfortunately for Watson, there's probably no good solution to this problem other than to ride out her contract, which it's not really a good solution but probably the most feasible given Swoopes makes more than the average mid-major women's bball coach just because of her name.

I don't have a ton of faith in the next couple of years, but if there are any positives, I have a quote from our old friend Grace Calhoun from when she was first introduced as LU's AD. I can't find the exact quote but I remember it going something along the lines of: "Every program is important. But coming from Indiana, I think there's nothing wrong with saying men's basketball is 1A." When you look at the rise of some of these women's team (especially Gonzaga), I think it's very much tied to the success of the men's program too. Hopefully we can carry some of that momentum into a more successful women's program.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:26 pm 

My hope is that a new president realizes what a horrible decision it was to put Kelly in charge of athletics and rectifies it immediately. In fact very few universities have a department of administrative services, most were folded into campus management or the CFO. The bloated organizational chart is what keeps our university achieving what it is capable of.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:11 am 

Back to the original topic, it seems that Simone Law is graduating in May and transferring to Illinois for a grad* year.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:38 pm 

Is this a Girls Gone Wild thing at Fordham Hall?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:31 am 

Thought it was interesting at the CBI games the Womens team sat far away from the student body and seemed totally disinterested with heads down and texting etc. Looked like they were force to be there. For the last game they were really far away and the group looked much smaller.......wonder if this was after the departures?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:51 am 

Any facts as to why this has happened?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:54 am 

Phoenix Story