It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Kate Achter
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:17 pm 

Hello from Detroit!

Should we be happy??

https://amp.detroitnews.com/amp/9551899002

We have a local HS coach here in the D that has produced the last 4 Mrs MI basketball players and has sent 30+ to high D1 programs. Many wanted her to be the HC.

Maybe Kate learned her lesson and will hire a local coach with ties to the area.

BTW - Super jealous that Loyola is now in the A10. Several teams from the original Midwest City Conferenceā€¦ Unfortunately our guess here is Detroit will stay in the Horizon conference. Uuuhhhggg

Post subject: Re: Kate Achter
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 3:54 pm 

UD 1877 wrote:
Hello from Detroit!

Should we be happy??

https://amp.detroitnews.com/amp/9551899002

We have a local HS coach here in the D that has produced the last 4 Mrs MI basketball players and has sent 30+ to high D1 programs. Many wanted her to be the HC.

Maybe Kate learned her lesson and will hire a local coach with ties to the area.

BTW - Super jealous that Loyola is now in the A10. Several teams from the original Midwest City Conferenceā€¦ Unfortunately our guess here is Detroit will stay in the Horizon conference. Uuuhhhggg

I think you should be happy. I was surprised she was not kept on board here. I thought she was doing a nice job with our women's program that has not had any historical success. Still not sure what the backstory is...especially when we hired someone who hasn't had a ton of success either.

Great news for UDM today on Davis returning. Also saw that he is going to share his NIL money with other players on the team. Love to see that. I hope he leads UDM to the tourney and gets a spotlight in March. I also would love to see Loyola get UDM back on the schedule.