It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:23 pm 

12--OOOPS --I HATE MORAL VICTORIES

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:28 pm 

brot4britu wrote:
12--OOOPS --I HATE MORAL VICTORIES

haha...I know what you meant. I was just funnin ya, Brot.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:29 pm 

We were A- on defense. I don't know how you defend VanVleet much better than we did, with the exception of a couple of baskets in transition. That VV three at the end of the first half was not only defended great, it was a rainbow shot that wasn't his typical stroke. Nevertheless, it's the fifth time in the last six games that an opposing guard has gone off against us after not allowing anyone to score 20 or more in the first 16 games. And they missed more than their typical percentage of free throws.

There was so much effort on defense that our offense looked really out of sync and tentative, especially in the second half. We shot 33% in the second half, and didn't move without the ball or pass as well. A couple of good shots that seemed halfway down could have made it a tighter game at a couple of points, but we seemed gassed, and they took us out of some offensive plays we normally run. We had a chance to get to the basket when they picked up 5 early fouls, but they only committed one foul during a long stretch in the second.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:47 pm 

JCT wrote:
We were A- on defense. I don't know how you defend VanVleet much better than we did...There was so much effort on defense that our offense looked really out of sync and tentative, especially in the second half.

This is another way we miss Milt. Let's not forget his defense. He has incredible quickness and footwork sliding with the ball. It makes it a little easier for everyone else in the team defense. He's still learning, but on the whole he is a big plus on defense and we miss him there too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:48 pm 

I am really proud of this team and the work ethic Porter has instilled in them. With a healthy Doyle we could have beat Wichita State tonight. This should be a confidence builder for many of our players. They hung tough against a top team without their best player and Wichita State really putting the clamps on Christian Thomas. This team has character. That is something that has been missing for many years. I hope we can keep the intensity we had tonight. Doyle comes back around tournament time and we can make some noise. Very important we finish well and don't get stuck on Thursday night at St. Louis. We are headed in the right direction and the future seems bright.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:16 pm 

brot4britu wrote:
Let's get real !! We do not score without Milton. Our team played well enough to lose but not by much. You do not win without scoring--They shut down Christian BECAUSE Milton was not in the game. Turk is the most improved player thus far. KIKI is NOT playing as he should. I am glad Earl is back , but Ingram must show more.

Cannot say enough about our defense--BUT we are just not scoring--

I ate moral victories BUT I hate blow outs to our boys more, Our guys did not let that happen----WSU was lucky Milton was not playing---Really lucky. Van Fleet was the difference--Remember Milton plays a bit of defense as well.

The pro-Shocker announcers had it right when they said we were one good defensive team--We did not go away. I am proud to be a RAMBLER--

I'm with you, Brot. No more moral victories. I will take pride in our effort, but that should be expected. I want to beat these guys!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:05 am 

I thought this was kind of interesting. In four games against Wichita, Christian Thomas has 22 points on 5 for 26 shooting, and 14 rebounds. They have really shut him down.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9