It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:58 pm 

Their top scorer, Marcus Marshall, was suspended earlier this week. Today it was announced that he will not rejoin the team this year and will transfer.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/sports ... /21879621/

Should be interesting to see what happens at MSU in the next days/weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:25 pm 

What's to be said ?? Well, Mo St did its job--no if's ands or buts--Credit to them!! This could make their team more dangerous--It is a team sport. Now then it makes a great case for PM and LUC this go round--We are playing TEN guys sometimes eleven--More experience down the line. Could we withstand the loss of Milton or say Christian ?? Hardly , BUT we do have helpers and a LOT of them.
Hats off to the MO Sts. !! Think Pat Ewing in the beginning--Was he college material ??

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:40 pm 

Message board talk is that their fans have given up on Coach Lusk after being picked for third in this year's preseason poll. I was expecting Marshall to reconcile with Lusk, but this is a big blow. Marshall has scored 25% of their total points in 13.3% of their total minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:49 pm 

This sucks for MSU. I definitely expected them to be one of the better Valley teams based on what I saw last year. With Marcus Marshall leaving at the end of the school year, I wonder if other players will follow?

With Marshall out, I do think that it significantly decreases the chance that Loyola plays on Thursday.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:04 pm 

JCT wrote:
Message board talk is that their fans have given up on Coach Lusk after being picked for third in this year's preseason poll. I was expecting Marshall to reconcile with Lusk, but this is a big blow. Marshall has scored 25% of their total points in 13.3% of their total minutes.

They are in meltdown mode over there. I suppose I would be as well if the shoe were on the other foot.

Bad news for them, and bad for the league.