It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: MWC-MVC Challenge
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm 

http://www.tribstar.com/sports/local_co ... um=twitter

This would be a great opportunity. MWC is a quality conference. SDSU would probably be matched up with Wichita as both have been the class of their conference in recent years. However, the remaining teams would be a quality non-conf matchup for us.

Post subject: Re: MWC-MVC Challenge
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:56 pm 

According to the standings this year, we'd get SDSU as we are both 4th in Conference. But I'm sure that's not how they pick the matchups.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:30 pm 

Would be great to do, I think these types of competition are fun. Somewhat unrelated, but this season is the type of year where we'd actually like to have Bracket Busters still in existence. LU has a real shot at one of the post season tourneys this year, and a quality non-con win late in the year would help increase those chances.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:18 pm 

During our previous challenge with them, games were assigned based upon expected finish for the next season. During the four year contract, there were also zero repeat games. So the expected top 2 teams would face each other unless they had the previous year or two. They'd then try to match you up with the next best option. This really would be a great opportunity for the MVC and the MWC should be better than they are this year. That's a good conference and I'd love to see this happen again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:28 pm 

This is the best way to get some quality teams into the Joe for what amounts to a home-and-home.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:15 am 

WOW !! Look at some of those teams in the MW--New Mex (The Pit) , Wyoming San Diego St Unlv Air Force (prestige) I like it !! What's not to like ??

Along with our MVC association, it does brand us now as a western team--I'll take it--(Gal will get to like it in time )--Of course there are other western teams which have little if any fame--You know, UCLA, Gonzaga UTAH to name just a few !!

Gosh, I hope the conf bosses get this done.---BTW we proved we can play with these Western type guys !!

GO RAMBLERS !