It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:59 pm 

OK !! For all you "newbies" on our Board--Over the years John and I have become Pals--If he lived here or I in Normal we would be BEST Pals---We do not agree all the time, but so ?? I am Conservative, John is not---I hate Oxen-ball , John says, "whatever it takes"--
Now then, Salukis knew how to play this way--we did not or so it seemed--They dictated to us--we acquiesced , but stood around (no O boards) they moved. We simply forgot what brought us--Oh we slowed the pace a few times early in season BUT did not stop altogether--See Kent game.
We must ALWAYS set the pace --ALWAYS--
Specifically--James while he was in there--Thomas ALL THE TIME--vis-a-vis Milton just walking up the floor and moving quite deliberately--Maybe he truly IS hurt and doing the best he can .
I must hang one on Porter for this--He did not convince or motivate our guys this time.
I guess I am saying we did NOT force the action but re-acted and did a poor job of that.
My guess is that we are done with that and will revert back to early games.

We beat a better than average Evansvville team that has an exceptional player--WE will do it again Wednesday , WIT OUR STYLE--not theirs whatever theirs might be.
I really believe the "slump" is over--unless our injuries are worse than we know.

Oxen-ball at its purest ?? Many many years ago at the old Stadium, we won our game against a biggie--cannot remember who--But the came DePewl (Whitey Kachan) vs Okla A and M (OKLA ST) with Bob Kurland--- DePewl won 19-17 !! Guard Kachan stood holding the ball FOREVER and no one challenged him and the clock rolled merrily along !! Two fine teams made a travesty of the game--Shame on his royal Highness Meyer !!!!

Just another of Brot's trips down Memory Lane !!! AND why I hate Oxen Ball--Its what you do when you cannot play real Hoops !

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:38 pm 

Seems to me if they extend the defense, it should open up lanes to drive to the hoop for the basket or dish off underneath when the defense goes to meet the driver or dish out to the corner for the three. We have the guards to drive to the hoop in White, Doyle and Peterson and the shooters for the corners in Turk and Knuth.
Every team hits a bad batch but I think the latent fear is a repeat of lousy season finishes after promising starts. Also in conference play there is certainly greater familiarity with your opponent and less room for surprise.
Wednesday is a big game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13