It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:29 pm 

James didn't look hurt in the first half. He was moving pretty well. I'm just stunned with all the touch fouls they were calling that we didn't go after Beane to get him out of the game. He had 4 fouls for almost a quarter of the game. Just a stomach turning loss.

So much for the decent RPI. It'll be a fight to stay out of the Thursday games.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:33 pm 

Wasn't able to watch the game. Just checked the box. 2 shots for Milton? 1 rebound for James? Really? There's your formula for a loss.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:33 pm 

James played the first three minutes of the second half, when he was 2-2 from the field. Did not play after that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:35 pm 

Beane had 18 points in the second half on 5-5 fg shooting and 8-10 from the line. Most of that came after his 4th foul.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:38 pm 

We are in a dangerous place rigtht now. We lost our mojo in the 2nd half against WSU and we are slowly losing confidence. The season is on the brink right now. I hope they find their mojo for Wednesday otherwise we will closer to the original projections of us playing on Thursday night.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:44 pm 

GoRamblers wrote:
We are in a dangerous place rigtht now. We lost our mojo in the 2nd half against WSU and we are slowly losing confidence. The season is on the brink right now. I hope they find their mojo for Wednesday otherwise we will closer to the original projections of us playing on Thursday night.

I don't want to engage in this type of "apocalyptic" thinking right now, but it's not really encouraging when we struggle against Drake (barley squeaking by with a win) and then lose to SIU. I'm nervous about playing Evansville Wednesday. The way that we respond in that game will be truly telling about who we are as a team.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:45 pm 

For what it's worth, Porter Moser is officially 0-11 against SIU.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:50 pm 

LU Rambler12 wrote:
For what it's worth, Porter Moser is officially 0-11 against SIU.

There are a lot of trends that worry me. The one that looms over us is that Porter has never finished better than 5th in the MVC. With the less tonight, I fear that may continue.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:52 pm 

GoRamblers wrote:

More than that, I think, is the fact that the Valley coaches are catching on to what we have done to win up until now. The adjustments Marshall made after the 1st half of the WSU game seemed like a blueprint for taking us out of what we do. I don't get Doyle's two field goal attempts, James being pulled for good after the first three minutes of the second half, not trying to get Beane and Olanyan out of the game, and not trying to get to the line. SIU played as they have all year, but we didn't go after their weaknesses, and they gained confidence playing at home and getting into a rhythm late in the game. It really seemed like a regression to last year.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:59 pm 

JCT wrote:
GoRamblers wrote:

More than that, I think, is the fact that the Valley coaches are catching on to what we have done to win up until now.

Agreed!

Nonetheless, it's still just one game. The guys can't afford to sulk about this one for too long. Move on and get ready for Evansville. There are a lot of games to be played!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next