It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:03 pm 

Drake is not a good team. We were not a good team tonight. These games happen to all teams, Wichita State had one against Drake earlier, and you just hope you can get out of them with a win. We did. On to Carbondale.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:04 pm 

What a rough one. That was so tough to watch. In the end I will take the win

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:06 pm 

An aside: Turk was 4-4 from three tonight, and is now 4th on the all time list with 160. He's just six behind David Bailey and Majak Kou for 2nd all time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:11 pm 

A win for us--It counts BUT !!!

Now Nate in an earlier post wonders if there is playing time issues---Well if there is--and I for one doubt it, you might as well forget this team. The two things that have won for us other than coaching--the players play--are us playing nine to ten guys and our shooting ability !!

We cannot lose either one. I say our guys are playing as a team--I disagree with Nate's thought--But then it is only a thought.

I was hoping for a 3-3 start--I wrote this at the beginning--We can now better that--Let's do it !!!

GO RAMBLERS !!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:14 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
An aside: Turk was 4-4 from three tonight, and is now 4th on the all time list with 160. He's just six behind David Bailey and Majak Kou for 2nd all time.

Give the kid the green light.

*Swaggy T Fan Club is not associated with Loyola University Chicago or Devon "Swaggy T" Turk; it is not owned or operated by employees or representatives of the entities mentioned.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:32 pm 

We looked way out of rhythm all night. The rotations were odd. Looking at the plus/minus numbers, Turk was tops followed by Thomas and Doyle. Peterson had one of his worst games-- scoreless if you take out the alley oop jam, with only one rebound and three turnovers. Knuth played 13 minutes and had only a foul on his stat line. Crisman had only ten minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:00 pm 

Crisman only getting about 10 minutes per game the last couple weeks. A lot of us on this board had this though - but I will say it. The fact that he has become a role player is a primary reason we can say we have advanced the program. He is a solid ball player who has a role, but he gives you no offense scoring and no playmaking. Has a reputation as a good defensive player but in my opinion he is an average defender. 10 minutes is about right given the other options that we now have.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:11 pm 

Well, when it came down to it we shot over 50%-- We win that way and by playing , in this case 10 players. This is the deal with our team and it is NOT a bad deal at all.
I feel this team has yet to play its best game. PM did well again , althogh it was scary-- His coaching and our team's play especially at the end said a lot.

Another one we probably would have lost last year. What a difference--We played badly and still won--Good team , us !!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:24 pm 

Not that long ago, when LU didn't play well we got blown out. So to struggle and come out on top, I'll take it. CT was solid. The footer for Drake was pretty stiff, but he's huge nonetheless and Thomas did a nice job taking it to him.

Oh and another thing. Room, I'd like to introduce you to the guy in the corner, Elephant. AKA what's going on with Doyle? Really struggled tonight and hasn't looked himself as of late. He looks hurt. Anybody know what's going on there?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:34 pm 

08rambler wrote:
The footer for Drake was pretty stiff...

I'll let GoRamblers have this one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next