It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:54 pm 

Was able to attend for the first timle today....overall not our best game but still impressive. Love the defense! Where has this been the first 4 PM seasons? Love the faith PM is showing in the freshmen. Wish he would have showed this last year....we might have one or two 6'10" players coming off the bench. How nice would that be?)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:14 pm 

WELL, SLOTH--You dance with what brung ya !! Our bigs were NOT of the mature type last year--to put it mildly--Fortunately we are past that nonsense. If nothing else, this team is dedicated--I see that because we play Defense so well, GAME AFTER GAME. Porter now has a bench--Ten plus deep . Now let us keep it going--

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:17 pm 

It took the defense a while to adjust at the beginning of the game, and there were some really sloppy stretches in the second half, but the last 12-14 minutes of the first half were so much fun to watch. Scrappy, aggressive defense that forced Bradley out of its game, controlling all the loose balls, and a really smart up tempo offense. Best of all, the team from top to bottom played with confidence and stayed focused despite all the turnovers in the second half. None of us can forget the collapses we've seen in the past, but this team has a different personality.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:46 pm 

Last year if a player did something to annoy Porter, that player would be yanked immediately and sometimes publicly lectured by PM, and then benched indefinitely. No chance to learn, gain any confidence, or, frankly, have any fun. What a surprise that they wanted to leave. I think PM learned something from the desertion debacle. He seems more willing to give guys a chance, or two.

An alternative theory is that Porter is prejudiced against TALL GUYS!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:10 pm 

ROG GAL !! You're kidding right ?? Those guys last year were a mess, no question. PM learned from that I am sure, THIS TEAM APPEARS TO BE ALL Business--no exceptions. This team wants to win--The previous batch apparently did not. Defense and diving for loose balls tells me that. We are so short but still hold our own on the boards. As for me, i have put all the nonsense of the past in the trash bin of my memory--
IMO our Hoops players are on the floor to earn their echo;airship funds--Fun can come in blowouts when and if ! Today's game is built around guard play--Of course a 6'9" forward or two would of course help immensely--A good coach brings wins out with what he has--Porter and his team is doing JUST that so far.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:31 am 

swellafelon wrote:
A trifecta of fabulosity: 1. Dollar hotdogs. 2. No PSAs at halftime. 3....I know there was a third one...Oh yeah. We won!

Almost forgot. 4. JCT has a new avatar that I can make fun of!

5. You got to watch the game sitting next to the legendary GoRamblers.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:51 am 

GoRamblers wrote:
swellafelon wrote:
A trifecta of fabulosity: 1. Dollar hotdogs. 2. No PSAs at halftime. 3....I know there was a third one...Oh yeah. We won!

I think "flatuosity" better describes the experience.

On second thought, that might have been rg...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:57 am 

swellafelon wrote:
GoRamblers wrote:
swellafelon wrote:

I think "flatuosity" better describes the experience.

On second thought, that might have been rg...

I also could have been from Tom Kelly a few sections over...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:10 pm 

It's possible. According to the EPA, Kelly is the second biggest source of methane emissions in the Chicago metropolitan area, trailing only the BP oil refinery in Whiting.

Loyola's Institute of Environmental Sustainability is looking for ways to capture Kelly's methane emissions and recycle them to heat the Sullivan Center, much like the Institute does by recycling used cooking oil into biodiesel to power Loyola's buses.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:47 pm 

Is anyone else completely unable to watch the postgame video on Ramblervision? It reloads from scratch every 5 seconds for me.

EDIT: Of course, after I posted this, it started working.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next