It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Pitiful Story !!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:15 pm 

Consider DePewl !! Pretenders that they are , they found themselves in Honolulu "playing" in a tourney !! They finished EIGHTH in an EIGHT team tournament.

BTW we finished FIRST in ours-- We will never know, but I wager we would NOT have been last over there. When are they going to learn that they are in over their heads in their League as well ?? BUT the Chicago "media" loves them , so on they go--or should I say DOWN they continue to go. My guess is they will be fighting Creighton for last place as the season goes on.

I like our position much better than theirs. Maybe , just maybe if they continue to be embarrassed, the Media will be looking to the north--Rogers Park to write about a good HOOPS team. I shall not hold my breath though

GO RAMBLERS !!! Thoughts ???

Post subject: Re: Pitiful Story !!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:36 pm 

I just wish we could switch conferences with DePaul. Now that would be interesting. Maybe we could get the huge new downtown stadium as well. But apparently, DePaul's politicians are better(!?) at clout than ours are.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:55 pm 

Well said Gal !! I really like our League, though, always have--We stay in it and win it soon-- The Big East ?? To me it is Valhalla--WOW ! However, The Valley , I think will surprise folks--Teams are catching up to the Wheatshockers--we appear to be one of those. Remember , it was not too long ago that they had four teams in the DANCE

On the Valley Fan board the bloggers chat away about team changes / additions to the League.
But , you are correct--the Big East is one fine group--

The Valley is such a grand old League--maybe just younger than the BIG 14--Tradition , you know--BUT how about it joining up with the A-10 --you know, Dayton St Louis, the Phillys et al--What a powerful group that would be !! BUT we are in the correct group now. ( BTW I would grab Detroit and Valpo while we are at it.)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:35 pm 

It's not going to be overnight because the Big East has a big contract with Fox Sports, but down the road, I could very well see the Big East as currently constructed breaking up into two separate leagues: East (Providence, St. John's, Seton Hall, Villanova, and Georgetown) and Midwest (Marquette, DP, CU, Xavier, Butler). And from there, they'll raid the best, local mid majors, mainly in the MVC and A-10, to fill up the rest of the league. I don't think the basketball is good enough to make enough money to offset the extended travel costs of getting non-revenue sports from Omaha to Providence. I also don't think that say Providence would get as fired up for anybody like they did for UConn, but they'll have a more intense rivalry and a better atmosphere playing Massachusetts than they would Creighton.