It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: SMART
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:57 pm 

If he did not sign with us, does anyone know with whom he did ?? Advise--THANKS

Post subject: Re: SMART
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:17 pm 

I don't believe he has signed with anyone at all. The tweets from Paul Suellentrop, a Wichita Eagle reporter, indicates that Smart's coach doesn't know if he's going to wait to sign in the spring, re-open his recruiting availablilty, or if it's just a delay. His coach says Loyola coaches are calling him, but he doesn't know what's going on. As for Smart himself, he hasn't let on about any change of plans via his twitter account (@roseshow_23).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:30 pm 

Nov 12 - 19 is considered the early signing period. The regular period is April 15 - May 20.

A lot of players who made verbal commitments signed today, but not all. Players have the option of signing until Nov 19 or reopening their recruitment and signing with a school during the regular period.

Right now all we know is that Smart remains unsigned. Nothing about his intentions, other than his verbal commitment to Loyola, is known.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:18 pm 

I hope he signs tomorrow and was just delayed. But how many schools has he gone to in the past 3 years? 3? Should we be surprised if he changes his mind?

Won't be there but if anyone's at the kickoff event tomorrow I'm sure there'll be updates.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:36 pm 

I think Smart made his intentions perfectly clear when he elected not to sign his LOI today at the signing ceremony at Sunrise, where 7 of his teammates honored their verbal commitments by signing with their respective schools.

His intention is to jilt Loyola, reopen his recruitment, showcase his talent at Sunrise, then wait for the high majors to come calling next spring with offers. No doubt either his college-bound teammates (or one or more of the college coaches who signed them) had Smart's ear the past couple months trying to pry him away from the Ramblers. If WSU wasn't already scholarship-overcommitted, I'd suspect Gregg Marshall with the tampering.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:44 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
I think Smart made his intentions perfectly clear when he elected not to sign his LOI today at the signing ceremony at Sunrise, where 7 of his teammates honored their verbal commitments by signing with their respective schools.

His intention is to jilt Loyola, reopen his recruitment, showcase his talent at Sunrise, then wait for the high majors to come calling next spring with offers. No doubt either his college-bound teammates (or one or more of the college coaches who signed them) had Smart's ear the past couple months trying to pry him away from the Ramblers. If WSU wasn't already scholarship-overcommitted, I'd suspect Gregg Marshall with the tampering.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:39 am 

JCT wrote:
swellafelon wrote:

I'm still holding out hope that he signs, but I have a horrendous feeling about Sunrise. WSU is literally the only school within miles of that place. The Hamilton kid was on WSU's campus this summer. I have no idea if he technically enrolled at WSU, but his twitter profile picture for a good chunk of the summer was of himself in a WSU jersey on team picture day. And then when WSU just happens to be over the scholarship limit, he's stashed at that school. I would avoid words like tampering because it technically isn't illegal to recruit kids with verbal commitments, but I think WSU is not an "completely clean" program.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:01 am 

Hamilton signed his LOI with WSU yesterday.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:08 am 

swellafelon wrote:
Hamilton signed his LOI with WSU yesterday.
Well he's certainly had some practice because he signed one last year too. http://wheatshockers.com/printthread.php?tid=734&page=3

There's also a potential recruiting violation up there. Students can't brandish signs asking potential recruits to come to the school. Duke is the biggest example of this rule that I can remember; they had their compliance team run around campus during Harrison Barnes' visit taking down signs from dorms.

http://www.dukechronicle.com/blogs/blue ... son-barnes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:29 am 

This is all so odd. According to CSN, he signed yesterday

http://www.csnchicago.com/ncaa/state-il ... er-commits

Quote:
Loyola men's basketball added former St. Viator guard Roosevelt Smart on Wednesday. The 6-foot-2 guard, now at Sunrise Christian Academy in Kansas, gives head coach Porter Moser a talented scoring guard with local roots. The Ramblers also signed 6-foot-9 junior college big man Maurice Kirby, a source told CSNChicago.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next