It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: SMART
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:16 pm 

Australia.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:32 pm 

JC64 wrote:
Australia.

Vague

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:43 pm 

In researching the Australia recruiting thing, I came across a couple of interesting tidbits.

Andre Moore, the center on our 1985 Sweet Sixteen team, settled in Australia after playing pro ball there. He has a son who plays Australian rules football.

So did Tad Dufelmeier, a guard for Loyola in the 70s. His son, Tad Jr., is a highly ranked guard who was recruited by us last year before signing with Utah. He played this year at Salt Lake City Junior College, where he put up only so so numbers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:14 pm 

Marlon Jones' South Plains squad plays for the Div1 Junior College title tonight @ 7:00. He uncharacteristically led the team in scoring with 17 in the semis against Hill College and Loyola recruiting prospect Marcus Johnson, Jr.

Here's a link with a lot of info on the tourney, including stats and a link to live video of the finals.

http://njcaa.org/sports_nationalChampio ... d=1&slid=2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:51 pm 

So does anyone know what are our chances of landing Marcus Johnson Jr.?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:49 pm 

SofloRambler wrote:

His other offers are Wright State, Tennessee-Martin, Middle Tennesssee, Sam Houston State, Prairie View A&M, and Florida International. His hometown is Charlotte, NC and he's playing in Hillsboro, TX. Weatherwise and distancewise we're a longshot, but leaguewise we're the best offer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:52 pm 

JCT wrote:
SofloRambler wrote:

His other offers are Wright State, Tennessee-Martin, Middle Tennesssee, Sam Houston State, Prairie View A&M, and Florida International. His hometown is Charlotte, NC and he's playing in Hillsboro, TX. Weatherwise and distancewise we're a longshot, but leaguewise we're the best offer.

Weatherwise I understand, but distancewise I dont see that much of a difference as Texas and Chicago around the same distance from Charlotte. I hope he comes. It seems like we are his best option academically too. He's been putting up alot of points and assists, would fit in well in porter's style of offense.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:27 pm 

After the Montel dunk yesterday, Roosevelt Smart tweeted at Jeff White (@balloutwhite_23) and Montel James (@MJames_32). I don't think any of us know Smart's status, but at least we know he is still friendly with the team. Read into and over-analyze this tweet as much or little as you want!

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 12.27.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 12.27.01 PM.png [ 38.7 KiB | Viewed 9332 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:11 pm 

TripleThreat511 wrote:
After the Montel dunk yesterday, Roosevelt Smart tweeted at Jeff White (@balloutwhite_23) and Montel James (@MJames_32). I don't think any of us know Smart's status, but at least we know he is still friendly with the team. Read into and over-analyze this tweet as much or little as you want!

This guy broke his commitment to Loyola. Do we really need him? I say move on and sign another player.

Also, the original tweet seems to be from Jeff White to Montel. Smart only add the emoticons in the end along with the "#nasty" part. Means nothing...pointless for us to keep talking about this kid.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:35 pm 

Wow ! Do I ever agree with 12 !!! Look at the chemistry of the present Rambler team. This bunch is a pack of brothers ho appear to care about two things--Winning for each other and for Loyola and its fans--What a difference a year makes--no me me me and running around freezing feet. Smart , breaking his commitment does not seem to fit. We have had enough of that type.

Find a Big or two to help Rajala.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next