It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: SMART
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:10 pm 

I mean seriously... I kinda get a prep school for year 5 if a kid needs to beef up academics for college but 2 years....so what is that 6 years of high school. I hate to say it but college sports has or is really close to jumping the shark.
By the way I believe one of LUs current recruits, JErry Myles of Davenport Iowa is headed to Sunrise Christian per an ISU tweet
And SUBG nothing personal but you always take pot shots at King of the Hill which presently you....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:18 am 

Nate, Sunrise Christian runs both a conventional high school and a prep school. Smart was a high school senior last year and graduated in June. So he will only spend one year as a post-grad prep school student at Sunrise.

In addition to Smart and Keyser, a third Sunrise senior appears to have reclassified to 2016 and will spend a prep year at Sunrise-Danian Swoope.

I am beginning to think that Lindsted may not have been doing Wichita State's bidding so much with respect to Smart and Keyser as he was recruiting these players for himself and Sunrise's prep squad, probably convincing them that they would get better offers than Loyola, Colorado State and, in Swoope's case, Stephen F. Austin, if they spent a year in prep school at Sunrise.

I think Lindsted crossed a line in continuing to recruit Smart and Keyser once they made their college commitments.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:14 pm 

You're assuming Lindsted had anything to do with the kids changing their minds. These things happen quite a bit with kids who hear from others that they can do better or feel they've improved enough to get "better" offers. It's more likely that friends/family influence these kids than their HS/prep coaches.

But keep taking shots in the dark. You're bound to hit something sooner or later.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:57 pm 

Hey Sub !! I have Swella's back ! He is good at digging. What he comes up with is usually spot on.
As far as Smarty is concerned it might be that we will not get him , nor will we want to.

Fact is that it now appears that LUC is now a factor with or without the kid. Honor is a big thing at LUC--Always has been--He just might be a distraction, if he did decide on us.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:12 pm 

Fairly interesting article on recruiting, or at least for this time of year: http://www.si.com/college-basketball/20 ... vior-study

I post it here because according to the numbers, Roosevelt Smart has close to a 50% chance of transferring schools based on both A playing at 3 high schools and B de-committing during the recruiting process. Caveat here is this study was based on top-100 recruits, but I imagine the study would yield similar results if applied to all scholarship recruits.

So my question - if we go by the numbers, do you want LU to stay after Smart, knowing that he's de-committed once and would have a 50/50 shot of leaving the program? I have no clue if LU is still recruiting him and know that statistics are just numbers...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12