It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Awards
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:29 am 

MVC All-Conference teams are out.

Milton Doyle was honorable mention all-conference and he made the all-newcomer and all-freshman teams.

Post subject: Re: Awards
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:43 am 

I know it is hard to complain for expect anything when you finish last but if there was a pound for pound award I would give it to Christian Thomas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:02 pm 

And Doyle was just named MVC Freshman of the year AND MVC Newcomer of the Year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:43 pm 

OK !! Naturally professionally done and fair play as well. By comparison , Milton was all we had--The League payed it right--How refreshing !!

Now then, we have something to build upon--Its now truly rug cuttin' time !!! 2014-15 !!! No ifs ands or buts !!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:20 pm 
Site Admin

The scary thing is Wichita State has two sophomores (including the POTY) among their three players on the first team, a junior on the second team, and a junior on the newcomer team. Yikes!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:06 pm 

That's OK 63--It will work out fine for us IF we get a bench--We do have six darn good players . Our team now knows this League--which includes the Refs--We shall be one year older That will help --BUT most of all Moser needs to get us a BENCH and Coaching to go with it !! EG--Cody will now be better--no question--and using his height and shooting ability, plus putting Chritian at Thrre with Osborne at four--it will be a challenge for the rest of the League. Cody is the key PLUS a BENCH.

Gee a sudden thought--With a starting lineup of Cody Osborne Thomas Keke and Milton on Thursday, we could win !! Turk Crisman and O'Leary and King off the bench with Nixon to spell Milton and/or Keke--
In fact, if this is done, I wager we win say 77-69 !!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:20 pm 
Site Admin

I guess the highlight of the season so far has been the unexpected wins-- a 32-point blowout of Missouri State, and an OT win over third place UNI. But a win over Bradley on Thursday would easily eclipse those two good wins.

We didn't do a lot of things we were looking forward to this year. I wanted a road win badly. The last six games of the season were very disappointing. An Arch Madness win against Bradley would go a long way towards raising everyone's spirits and looking forward to next year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:38 am 

I thought Doyle should win both and he did. He'd earned it. The kid is going to be a stud when he learns to let the game come to him and doesn't force as much. You guys have a nice foundation to build upon and I hope your incoming class has a couple of guys that can contribute at least off the bench next year. Hope the returners improve upon this year as well and you guys could avoid Thursday.

I, along with many in Shocker Nation, am not surprised but a little upset with Cotton being on 2nd team. I know asking for 4 on the 1st team was a lot, but I wouldn't take anyone in the league over him for all that he does on both ends. At least this year he was recognized as the DPOY after being completely snubbed and left off the All D Team last year. I also think Balentine gets too much credit and doesn't deserve first team. But that's me.

I look forward to seeing how you perform in the OOC next year. I think you'll be much improved.