It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Where is breakthroughpm?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:07 pm 

A valued Ramblermaniac who is TRULY MIA is breakthroughpm.

His last post was Jan. 5th, and his last visit was Jan.23rd. Not coincidently, these dates correspond to the discussion on Ramblermania about Matt O'Leary's case of frostbite.

I was certainly a contributor to the discussion, but I hope I didn't cross a line. I was trying to poke good-natured fun about the situation; nothing more. I like Matt as a player and he seems like person of high character, like breakthroughpm.

I hope breakthroughpm see fit to come back to Ramblermania and add his insight and knowledge to our little community of Loyola fans.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:37 pm 

Agreed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:19 pm 

Hey friends, I'm back! Swella, it definitely wasn't anything about the frostbite discussion - I thought your posts were hilarious! Actually shared them with the family. And I appreciate most everyone's reaction to that story - it was a terribly dumb thing that he did and obviously he realized it immediately (and felt horrible that he let his team down), but at the same time he's a 20 year old college kid that is going to make a mistake or two in his life. And most of you recognized that.

It was really 2 other things that led to my absence:
1) After suffering through another brother's 1-11 football season this fall at Indiana State and then how this season has gone for Loyola I basically had had enough losing and couldn't dwell on the outcomes any longer. Haha. I still watch (or go to) every game and talk to/support my brother 100% but after most of the games I've just wanted to forget about them as quickly as possible. Which is why I haven't checked in here much.

2) But the biggest reason is that my wife and I just had our first son in December, so a lot of my attention has shifted to him.

I thank you guys for always being fans of the Ramblers in the good and the bad. I'm not sure I could do it as long as some of you.

Let's make a run in St. Louis!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:04 pm 

breakthroughpm wrote:
...my wife and I just had our first son in December...

Congratulations!

The next generation of Ramblermaniacs is in full flower. Will be looking for an O'Leary power forward for the Loyola class of 2032.

Glad to see you back.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:30 pm 

Well, now--GOOD ON BREAKTHROUGH and his I am sure beeeeeeauuuutiful wife !!!

Now then all you guys have some catching up to do--I am a GREAT -Grand Pa four times over with another on the way-- If these kids follow Ramblermanioac form, there will be TWO DUKIES , One TERRAPIN , One U Alaska Anchorage (he is a five year old right winger on his Mite Hockey team --One G Mason guy
and one Frostburg St Gal---

Great news for Break !! God bless his growing family !!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:37 pm 

breakthroughpm wrote:
2) But the biggest reason is that my wife and I just had our first son in December, so a lot of my attention has shifted to him.

Congrats, breakthrough! I'm in the same boat as you but a bit more recent. Congrats to you and Mrs. breakthrough!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:43 pm 

Thanks fellas! And congrats to you to Go!

Now finish this game out Ramblers.