It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:03 pm 
Site Admin

Scream wrote:
GoRamblers wrote:
Scream wrote:

Even Frankenstein's monster was afraid of fire...

Actually, I think you're on to something, Go. Both of them coach like they are afraid and have no confidence in their players.

Explains why we lost so many times to the Flames.

"Fire, BAD!"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:08 pm 

01grad wrote:

But he had a lovely singing voice with Tonto and Tarzan

http://screen.yahoo.com/tonto-tarzan-fr ... 00390.html

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:11 pm 

I can't believe I have listened to or watched us lose 20 games this year. And now I'm going to St Louis.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:21 pm 
Site Admin

ahunte1 wrote:
I can't believe I have listened to or watched us lose 20 games this year. And now I'm going to St Louis.

You're from St. Louis, so it doesn't count as much. I also feel a lot like returning to the comfort and innocence of childhood after watching the past five games.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:24 pm 

Does anybody get the sense that Moser may be losing the team?

Suspending Osborne, playing the walk-ons and seldom-used Tony Nixon, getting a combined 6 points from Turk, White and Doyle.

It looks like Moser is trying to send a message, and some key players are sending their own message back.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:29 pm 

Well, at the risk of angering some of my Pals, I say in answer to my own question--YES ! I believe Coach Moser has lost this team-- Injuries not withstanding a Loyola team does NOT lose over twenty games-- We may have done so in the past--I do not want to look it up--

Forget budgets etc---Loyola MUST field a winner--They must do what it takes to produce one. They promised themselves and they promised Loyola's fans.

MY hat is off to the MVC teams , they showed us what a real conference is like--OUR TEAM is not and may not be ready to compete. Members of this Board wrote that we would be building this year for next--Maybe so--BUT with what we have, I do not think we will compete next go round--NOT enough for sure.
I truly believe Moser lost this team or they quit --or both--but this might be the same thing-----Maybe Porter quit on the team--Facts state that we collapsed--to put it mildly. Evansville game will probably be a Requiem rather than a game--Might be less than one thousand souls in attendance.

How sad !!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:31 pm 

Swella, I definitely had that feeling until I listened to the post-game. He seems to realize what 63 and others here predicted a long time ago: Keke and Milt have put in too many minutes and are worn out. I believe him when he says they're still trying.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:35 pm 

I agree ... after listening to the post game .... it sounds like our lack of depth is really catching up with us. Very frustrating and disappointing season.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:41 pm 

I listened to PM on the post game show and I did not get the feeling that that is the case as much as this team is just worn out. He mentioned that Milton Doyle and Kiki White are a combined 5 for 25 in the last two games and that they are just flat worn out and feeling somewhat responsible. That they have taken on so much responsibility this year with out any senior leadership and that the lack of depth has worn them out. Remember we lost 3 people we thought would be in the rotation this year. He said he has been giving players time off and some practices just doing walk through s.
I have talked to some people close to the program who say this is a really good group of kids. I know I have said this a ton but I think it is a young, inexperienced team with some weaknesses and as much as we want them to win they want to win and it must have been a tough season for them. So ?????????
I also think Coach Moser is a good guy but there are lots of factors involved in winning and he and the kids need more time. well at least that was therapeutic for me
GO RAMBLERS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:46 pm 

I hope it's tired bodies and not flagging spirits that's causing the late season death spiral.

And I'm not questioning the players so much as the coach.

Right now we are not even competitive.

Sad...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next