It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 9:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:56 pm 

So, I used to check the Loyola page on verbalcommits.com thinking it showed everything in their system for guys we are interested in. Tonight I learned that is far from the case.

For example, Joe Henricksen is tweeting about the Curie / Young game tonight, and Joe Stamps is killing it. So I search for him on VC and lo and behold he shows interest from Loyola.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/joshua-stamps

Here's another one that's not on our main page. You want size? How about 6'10" 290?

That would be Nouhoum Boucoum from Harlem.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/nouhoum-bocoum

He led me to another guy from KS who is 6'8" 230.

Anyway, point being there is a lot of recruiting activity we don't know about. You can find some more if you dig around on that site.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:21 pm 

It's a shame that we don't have a Scout/Rival page. Those seem to be fairly accurate. Guess we're not big time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:28 pm 

just kind of got me thinking how we would be doing if we had won the recruiting battle for Alec Brown the 7 footer at UWGB. They are 22-5 and running away with the Horizon. Brown is averaging 16 a game. They also have two players from Marshall including their leading scorer who I think played with Milton Doyle.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:36 pm 

smokeyjoe wrote:
just kind of got me thinking how we would be doing if we had won the recruiting battle for Alec Brown the 7 footer at UWGB. They are 22-5 and running away with the Horizon. Brown is averaging 16 a game. They also have two players from Marshall including their leading scorer who I think played with Milton Doyle.

It would have been great to have the combo of Brown and Doyle. It's an inside/outside duo that would work very well. Additionally, it would open up Turk's game. It's a shame we missed out on him and it's a shame we missed out on O'Mara.

Oh, what could have been.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:02 pm 

We really suffered against Wichita because of perimeter players dropping back to help inside. A big presence inside would help us in so many phases of the game.