It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Southern Illinois
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:57 am 

swellafelon wrote:
Go, was that you sitting in the back row of Section 101?

With my head in my hands? Yes.

Were you in that area?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:03 pm 

No, but I get real time video feeds from the NSA drone that covers Rogers Park.

It's equipped with x-ray vision for interior views. (Oops, I said too much)

But seriously...I'm up and to your left in Section 202. I'll drop by on you next game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:07 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
No, but I get real time video feeds from the NSA drone that covers Rogers Park.

It's equipped with x-ray vision for interior views. (Oops, I said too much)

But seriously...I'm up and to your left in Section 202. I'll drop by on you next game.

Ah. Gotcha. By the way, you've got some sweet dance moves.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:09 pm 

Not me, I swear!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:15 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
Not me, I swear!

Haha. But it would be great if it were...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:46 pm 

Cheap seat review...

the actual game...
- Last game the ramblers had all of the luck. This game: not so much.
- I would have liked to see Cody play more, especially in the second half. He seems to get better as a game goes on. So rather than remove him after a few gaffes, let the man play!
- Why isn't Jeremy King playing?? Surely, his length could be beneficial in some mismatch situations.
- Sometimes we need a true point guard for ball-handling. Calling London?
- We missed Matt O'Leary.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:59 pm 

Cheap seat review...

game crowd and experience...

- It was a good crowd!! Lively, enthusiastic, loud.
- I liked the dueling chants: SIU ---LUC!
- No way were there more SIU fans. They were probably about a third of the crowd. They were concentrated mostly in 2 areas. The Loyola fans were more disbursed. Also, maroon was the color of the day for both SIU and Loyola fans.
- Isn't it possible that Chicagoans and Loyolans aren't all that enthralled by MVC teams (despite what THEY think)? I think that to most locals, playing Missouri State or SIU or Wichita State is a "Meh..." These are not marquee names to Chicago Loyola folks. (Sorry, MVC.)
- Love Lou Wolf!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:12 pm 

Some thoughts:

Quote:
- Last game the ramblers had all of the luck. This game: not so much.

I'm not sure it was luck in either game. Our shooting has been very good all year. When SIU went to the zone, it hurt. We had a tough time against it. I know I harp on this, but Porter failed to make the appropriate adjustments.

Quote:
- I would have liked to see Cody play more, especially in the second half. He seems to get better as a game goes on. So rather than remove him after a few gaffes, let the man play!

I'm not sure what Porter was thinking. Probably that he wanted to "save" Cody since we were missing O'Leary.

Quote:
- Why isn't Jeremy King playing?? Surely, his length could be beneficial in some mismatch situations.

I wouldn't count on seeing him in meaningful minutes this year. It was telling in the MSU game that the bench was cleared around the 4 minute mark and King didn't see action until around 1:30 left. He's in the doghouse and I don't think he'll be coming out.

Quote:

I don't think he's the answer. In fact, I'd say he's more of a liability than anything else. Where's Pickett? Isn't he supposed to be in the PG rotation?

Quote:
- We missed Matt O'Leary.

No doubt. Ugh. Maybe he won't do something as stupid as running around outside barefoot in snow and freezing temps.

Quote:
- It was a good crowd!! Lively, enthusiastic, loud.

Generally I agree. I would always like to see more folks in the seats, but that's an uphill battle.

Quote:
- I liked the dueling chants: SIU ---LUC!

Clever way to combat the 3 letter chant but I hate hearing us referred to as LUC. We are LU and that's it.

Quote:
- No way were there more SIU fans. They were probably about a third of the crowd. They were concentrated mostly in 2 areas. The Loyola fans were more disbursed. Also, maroon was the color of the day for both SIU and Loyola fans.

I agree with you. SIU fans seem to think they outnumbered Rambler fans. I disagree entirely but to try and argue with them about it brings me down to the level of those on the other board...

Quote:
- Isn't it possible that Chicagoans and Loyolans aren't all that enthralled by MVC teams (despite what THEY think)? I think that to most locals, playing Missouri State or SIU or Wichita State is a "Meh..." These are not marquee names to Chicago Loyola folks. (Sorry, MVC.)

I disagree. This has nothing to do with the opponent. Our cohorts, NU and DePaul, have a similar problem. The times when the arenas are full, it is because there is a large opponent contingent. Further, those two schools get much bigger names than we do. I think fans will be more receptive to Bradley, ISUr, SIU, etc than they would for Cleveland St., Youngstown St., Wright St., etc. Yuck.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:22 pm 

GoRamblers wrote:
Quote:

I don't think he's the answer. In fact, I'd say he's more of a liability than anything else. Where's Pickett? Isn't he supposed to be in the PG rotation?

I guess no one knows the story on Pickett since it's been asked here a few times and met with radio silence. Neither he nor Tanner was on the bench last night.

I agree with the comments on the crowd. It was a nice atmosphere, but obviously would have been better with more people there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:51 pm 

Speculating, but wouldn't be shocked if Pickett isn't around any longer. I'd heard a couple months ago that it was unlikely at best he'd be back next year, and not surprising if he didn't make it to second semester.

Don't think London would've added much against that zone last night. O'leary may have, but they still could've won that game. Who knows what happened to him - if he has frostbite I hope it's not bad. That can be some serious stuff.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next