It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Never Enoough
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:29 pm 

Illinois State fan here.

First, I want to congratulate you for the Ramblers first win in the MVC this past weekend. There will be more to come but the first one is sweet.

Secondly, pay no attn to the MVC forum about how many feel about Loyola being in the conference. I for one am glad you are here and I know I am not the only one. With the money your school is directing towards the athletic programs and without football to soak up some of that I anticipate great things from Loyola in the future.

As for the MVC forum, the caustic opinions of a few don't comprise the feelings of the whole MVC fanbase. There is a certain element of a certain school that are shall we say arrogantly bashing any team in the Valley that does not contain the initials WSU. I won't mention any school names about who I am writing about but you might be able to figure out to whom I speak of ;) . The way some of them write their posts, you would think that they are the ones who don the uniforms and make all the plays. Vicarious living at something way north of 100%.

In any event, I should have posted sooner but many of us are glad you are here and again congrats on that first win of many more to come - just take it easy on my Redbirds.

Post subject: Re: Never Enoough
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:05 pm 
Site Admin

Brot--

No question our attendance is embarrassing. I hope we have a decent turnout tonight and can start to fill the place a few times this year when the students are back on campus. My hope and firm belief is that increased backing for athletics and being in the MVC will up the game of our students, faculty, staff, and fans in creating a much better environment that creates a critical mass. Once going to games becomes "the thing to do" for a good solid chunk of fans, and once we have a couple good years strung together, I hope we can push some in the league off the attendance fixation. As I said in one of the responses to an attendance critic, it's a lot easier to build a popular basketball program than a healthy institution with great academics and a financial commitment.

jwa123--

Thanks for the kind words. It's tough being the new kid, but we'll survive. Looking forward to our first game at Redbird Arena on Saturday.