It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Thanks to JCT
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:12 pm 

for putting together the new Ramblermania board. Well, done indeed.

Happy New Year to all members of the board and may you all have a healthy and prosperous 2014.

Lets hope the Ramblers represent us well in the MVC.

Post subject: Re: Thanks to JCT
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:20 pm 
Site Admin

Happy New Year back at you, streak.

I remember New Year's Eve 1999, when I wrote a Happy New Year message on the old, old site. That was 14 years ago, when there was a lot of fear about the new millennium. So many things have happened between then and now. I never--- NEVER--- would have thought then that we'd be on the eve of playing our first Men's Basketball game in the MVC. Or that the Men's Volleyball team would be coming off an NCAA Final Four appearance and ready to HOST the Final Four in the coming year. Or that Gentile would be so beautifully redesigned, or that Rogers Park would be improved so thoroughly (led principally by Loyola).

I'm sad that so many great fans and supporters have passed away. GreyBee and Senex are greatly missed. Bill Jauss was giant, and a great friend of Loyola. Other fans that used to be such fun have been AWOL over the past few years, and especially with the new site. I wish they'd check in.

But overall, we're in SUCH a much better place today than when I posted an optimistic New Year's greeting in 1999. I'm just going to take a few minutes to think about it all.... as we get set to ring in another year. Here's a sincere toast to those that are no longer with us in body, but always in spirit!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:11 am 

Well said.
Bruce Kite and Kenny Bass are two others who have passed away that I can think of.
Greybee and Senex are especially missed as The Calculator Lady and I had many fine car rides and post game dinners with both of them.
Sorry they could not be here to see our next NCAA appearance.

While this year has been disappointing to date, I believe that we are finally on the right track.
Got up early this morning and it was still snowing so my planned trip to Terre Haute was shelved. Will listen to the game on the computer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:46 am 

New Year's greetings to everyone on this board. Nicely written post JCT about the friends we have and the friends we miss. With wins and Championships too few and far apart Loyola basketball has been more of a social thing for me. It's the people arround Rambler basketball that makes it special. That extends to people at other schools I have met along the way. Will miss being in a conference with the classy people of University of Detroit but hope to make new friends in the Valley. Thanks to JCT and Big Joe for keeping this board going over the years.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:23 pm 

Let me add my best to all MY PALS !! John is showing off his writing skills which are legion--WHY ??? Well, talent of course--but more important--HE BELIEVES WHAT HE WRITES !!
Great job --63--Keep going !!

BTW my prayers to the families of those whom we have lost--well not lost--just gone to HEAVEN--The Ultimate.

I wish we could all be sitting around gabbing with one another once again !! Soon I hope !!

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU !!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:20 pm 

It is difficult to imagine what GreyBee would have been posting the last couple of years but you can be sure he would have been posting and goading you on. I know he never dreamed that by January 2014 the Ramblers would be playing their first basketball game in the MVC. One of his long time friends often referred to GreyBee as the "mixer" as he loved starting a discussion and then sitting back and watching!!! It has been so heartening to me the last couple of years keeping in touch with all our Rambler friends and seeing you at the games and elsewhere (specially those White Sox games)! Happy New Year and I wish all of you a year of adventure, health, happiness, peace and success. Hopefully, I'll see many of you in March at "Arch Madness."