It is currently Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Coaching Staff 2024-25
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:31 am 

I ventured over to the roster page yesterday and noticed a few changes...

Sean Dwyer is now listed as the Associate Head Coach

Will Bailey and Justin Bradley are joined as assistant coaches by Keith Clemons (prev. Dir. of Player Development) and Chris Huey (prev. Video Coordinator).

Jarod remains as the DOBO.

Hipsher is still listed as a special assistant. I'd really love to know what is role and commitment are.

Anyway. I found it interesting that we now have an Associate HC and four assistants. I wonder if we will retain the video and development roles, or if those responsibilities were folded up into the coaches' duties.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:56 pm 

I think some of it is really just semantics, but there was an official change by the NCAA for this year, will post full article below, but essentially

Quote:
The Council supported an increase of two coaches in men's and women's basketball. These additional coaches may engage in coaching activities but may not recruit off campus. The rules change codified a waiver in those sports that allowed noncoaching staff members to engage in skill instruction.

Previously I believe just the 3 official assistant coaches could do certain things that the support titles like Video Coordinator or Director of Player Developemnr could not, including like on court instruction, calling plays, etc. Still can only have 3 asssitants do off campus recruiting though.

Link: https://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/ ... limits?amp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:34 pm 

bmh_twosix wrote:
Still can only have 3 asssitants do off campus recruiting though.

Link: https://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/ ... limits?amp

And now they can all recruit, just not at the same time. Probably nice for the assistants to cut down on some recruiting related travel.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:43 pm 

Will Bailey is apparently on the move to South Carolina, so it looks as if we have a pretty big spot on the bench to fill.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:52 am 

Do we have any updates on this? I'd love to hear a few names being tossed around, but it might be a mystery; similar to the Bradley hire last year (hadn't heard that name before the hire was made).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:40 am 

Barring a last minute departure looks like to coaching staff is set. Already been added to the website with full bio as well. Spent the last several years in the G League and was at Hofstra for 5 years prior to that.