It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Golf Outing Fundraiser
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:43 pm 

This year Thursday August 1st at Cog Hill in Lemont Illinois. Info on the LU athletic website.
This is the largest Athletic Department fundraiser. It is also the best chance to talk to coaches,past players and players up close and casual. I golf but for those of you who do not they have a great deal. This year it is $50 bucks and you can spend the day or come for the buffet breakfast 8:30 til 10:00 when the golfers tee off. and then there is a after golf cocktail gathering starting at 2... but you can come at any time and hang out and have a beer and check out the silent auction. THe silent auction is always full of great stuff, Bears, Bulls Cubs and Sox as well as unique Loyola stuff...I have gotten some good LU bling at the Silent Auction.
AD Watson and Coaches talk and are available for questions. I remember a couple years ago when Coach Valentine was still an assistant breaking down the last play at the Missouri Valley Tournament when we lost to Bradley...very interesting.
Any way my gut says they announced the date so early because this NIL thing is the real deal,,like it or not..but you get a lot back with this one....also Sr. Jean celebrates her birthday almost always at the outing.....Fire any questions you have my way. I have been going for I am guessing 15 years.