It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:27 pm 

The 2 teams from the A10 that are in the tournament, Duquesne and Dayton, have advanced to the round of 32 with their opening round wins today.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:02 am 

As much as I am disappointed in the Ramblers falling a little short the Duquesne story is nice and I dont have a problem getting behind Duquesne. And somehow you hope that the two A-10 teams winning helps us in the future . And if Duquesne could upset the Illini...and Dayton, Arizona....A-10 would really look good...but both games are tall tasks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:04 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
As much as I am disappointed in the Ramblers falling a little short the Duquesne story is nice and I dont have a problem getting behind Duquesne. And somehow you hope that the two A-10 teams winning helps us in the future . And if Duquesne could upset the Illini...and Dayton, Arizona....A-10 would really look good...but both games are tall tasks.

Yep, would like to see them both move on for the sake of the conference being on the national stage.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:47 pm 

Dayton put up a good fight. They fell behind by 17 late in the first half, but chipped away at it to make it a 3 point game with about 11 mins left in the 2nd half. They'd be a dangerous team if they had a bit more depth, but you can't make a deep run in the tournament with only 6 player getting real playing time.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:17 pm 

Dayton was too stagnant on offense. They are a solid team, but they struggled against quality teams outside of their building all year. Would have liked to see them win for the sake of the A10.

Let's see if Duquense can pull off an upset and get to the Sweet 16.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:05 am 

no idea who this guy is, and could be totally bogus, but thought I'd share anyway:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:28 am 

With the A10 teams out of the tournament, with each team winning one game, I think it came out ok. Would have liked to see the Dukes put up a few more points against IL. But IL has one hell of a team. Dayton played tough late.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:30 am 

That honestly reads and looks like a fake AI account that just scours the internet for popular discussion and regurgitates it as if it’s new breaking news

Jersey City Bler wrote:
no idea who this guy is, and could be totally bogus, but thought I'd share anyway:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:39 am 

01grad wrote:
That honestly reads and looks like a fake AI account that just scours the internet for popular discussion and regurgitates it as if it’s new breaking news

Jersey City Bler wrote:

I am not able to see the image posted in messages by Jersey City Bler, only the text, when I use my laptop. But when I use my cell phone, I can view those images. By the way, I posted a couple of weeks ago the story of DePaul being dropped and Loyola being invited into the Big East, but noted it only as a rumor.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:20 pm 

goodknight wrote:
01grad wrote:

Jersey City Bler wrote:

I am not able to see the image posted in messages by Jersey City Bler, only the text, when I use my laptop. But when I use my cell phone, I can view those images. By the way, I posted a couple of weeks ago the story of DePaul being dropped and Loyola being invited into the Big East, but noted it only as a rumor.

While the BE might like this, for reasons that seems obvious, they will never drop DePewl.