It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Transfer Portal
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:06 pm 

He will have to be in the breakfast club, does not shoot FT well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:11 pm 

The breakfast club was obviously just a fad ... 3 of last 4 games we shot free throws at a rate of less than 60%. Great thought though! I am wondering if we could have been where Oakland is if Braden would not have transferred. IMO we lost out big time when he crowded out TY. Too small and too slow for the A10.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:03 am 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:28 pm 

For those who could not see the post
Jordan Sears UTenn-Martin 5"11 21ppg 43% from 3... 4.5 assists per game
Deyton ALbury 6"2 Queens NC ASUN conference 17ppg 4 assists per game 36% from 3
Re"HEim Moss 6"4 Toledo (from Springfield Ohio) 16ppg 3 assists 32 from 3
Chris Manon 6"5 Cornell 12 3.....34%
Jaden Wells 6"1 Central Oklahoma 22ppg 4 apg 34% from 3
Tyler Cochran 6"2 Toledo (Bollingbrook Il) 14ppg 2apg 34% from 3
Marcus Foster 6"2 Furman 17ppg 2apg 30% from 3
Scheduled for Visit
Trey Edmonds 6"10 255 UTSA 7ppg 6 rebounds per game

All players were listed as Juniors this year on Verbal Commits

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:40 am 

Connor Essegian, a sophomore shooting guard from Wisconsin, just entered the Portal. He made the Big 10 all freshman team but saw his minutes reduced this year.
We offered him out of high school and the linked article says he was expected to sign with us before committing to the Badgers.

I wonder if we are still interested.

https://www.superiortelegram.com/sports ... r-essegian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:34 pm 

I read a piece about his portal entry which stated that one of his week points was a lack of defensive skills. That does not seem to fit with the Rambler's emphasis on defense.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:38 pm 

Generally our transfer philosophy seems to be pursuing guys from lower levels who have had success and are looking to move up not guys who haven't had success on a p5 team and what to move down. Clayton being a notable exception here. I think in transfers we're looking for proven success not potential. If you're looking for potential why not try to get it for 4 years in a high schooler?

I wonder if that's intentional. Are there any big p5 transfers I'm forgetting? Milt doesn't count he spent like a week at Kansas.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:47 pm 

jmiller2794 wrote:
Generally our transfer philosophy seems to be pursuing guys from lower levels who have had success and are looking to move up not guys who haven't had success on a p5 team and what to move down. Clayton being a notable exception here. I think in transfers we're looking for proven success not potential. If you're looking for potential why not try to get it for 4 years in a high schooler?

I wonder if that's intentional. Are there any big p5 transfers I'm forgetting? Milt doesn't count he spent like a week at Kansas.

Bryce Golden transferred from Butler. Which, as much as we might not think of it as a P6 school, is a Big East school.

The Wisconsin kid is interesting, as it probably would’ve been one of Drew Valentine’s first close calls as a head coach for a pretty highly rated recruit. I’m guessing he still has his number somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm 

According to Twitter, Deyton ALbury 6"2 Queens NC ASUN conference 17ppg 4 assists per game 36% from 3-is visiting this week

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:14 pm 

01grad wrote:
jmiller2794 wrote:

Bryce Golden transferred from Butler. Which, as much as we might not think of it as a P6 school, is a Big East school.

The Wisconsin kid is interesting, as it probably would’ve been one of Drew Valentine’s first close calls as a head coach for a pretty highly rated recruit. I’m guessing he still has his number somewhere.

The slam on the Wisconsin kid is he doesn't play defense. He would not fit here if that's the case.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next