It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Transfer Portal
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:27 pm 

I saw DeLoach as more a Phil A., Muwamba replacement than as a 5 guy....but never know how Coach is designing the team....when I look at the roster. I see 6 guards....Dawson, Edwards,Quinn, Watson, Turner and Glaskov. Not sure where to put Hendeway, 2 forwards in DeLoach and Newirkorie...and two centers in Rubin and Young. So I am guessing they are going for someone who can play inside..? a question will be are any of the incoming freshman ready to contribute.?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:51 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
I saw DeLoach as more a Phil A., Muwamba replacement than as a 5 guy....but never know how Coach is designing the team....when I look at the roster. I see 6 guards....Dawson, Edwards,Quinn, Watson, Turner and Glaskov. Not sure where to put Hendeway, 2 forwards in DeLoach and Newirkorie...and two centers in Rubin and Young. So I am guessing they are going for someone who can play inside..? a question will be are any of the incoming freshman ready to contribute.?

Deloach is 6’9 (Dame is 6’8), doesn’t shoot from outside (or at least never has going into next year), and is rebounder and defender/rim protector inside. I think if you’re looking for a comp for Dame, he’s taller and probably closer to that than to Phil. I mean if a 7 footer who can shoot shows up I’m sure they won’t say no to using the last spot on a 5, but it might not be a bigger need vs more depth at a veritable guard/forward. Nwaokorie, being 6’7 and able to shoot a 3 on occasion, is probably a closer comp to Phil.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:58 am 

Jonathan Givony(@DraftExpress): NEWS: Washington State transfer Kymany Houinsou has committed to the Loyola Ramblers, he told ESPN. The 6-foot-7 Swiss army knife French guard boasts strong college and FIBA experience, but is only 20 with two years of eligibility remaining.

Another international player, and another big guard/wing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:27 am 

6’7…can play guard…described as a “Swiss army knife”…

Sounds ideal for what Drew Valentine likes to do.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:59 am 

Interesting LU connection...went to Tony Parker Academy ! Tony Parker...73-76 seasons at LU and then into our Hall of Fame and his son was? yep That Tony Parker who led the Spurs.....Tony Parker Sr. played and eventually lived in France where Tony Jr. was raised.
Kym started 10 games . played in 35....averaged 20 minutes...shot 43% and 31% from 3 only attempting 16 all year....? 60% from the charity stripe (fits in) most interesting stat is 73 assists....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:07 am 

Seems like a decent get as a last guy to round out the roster. Offensive numbers don't jump off the page, and there seem to be some holes in his game, but he looks long, fast, and athletic, so at worst he should provide good functional depth 2-4.

Overall, we come out ahead in the portal yet again. While none of the transfers seem like a superstar on their own, they all fill needed roles and make sense as a group. You do wonder if we're setting ourselves up for another season where the rotation doesn't quite solidify until conference play -- but on the other side of the coin, that returning nucleus of Rubin/Watson/Dawson/Edwards/Quinn seems pretty solid, and I think they'll come out motivated. None of the transfers are keeping any of them from a starting spot necessarily.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:10 am 

Giving me strong Aher Uguak vibes watching his highlights. Especially when thinking of Aher after his sophomore season. According to results from the Google machine, some have pegged his athleticism as NBA potential. Similar to Aher after his first few seasons, he’ll need to improve from 3…and if he does…oh my, would that be nice.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:26 am 

Interesting guy...looks like a good culture addition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=795IMjRB8IY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:52 pm 

Quote:
I project that Houinsou could be a late first-round pick in the 2025 NBA Draft, as the primary focus as of now should be improving the above-mentioned areas. However, I would like to see him testing the waters in the summer, especially if he’s improved himself during conference play.

https://edemirnba.substack.com/p/kymany-houinsou-scouting-report

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:29 pm 

Jersey City Bler wrote:
Quote:
I project that Houinsou could be a late first-round pick in the 2025 NBA Draft, as the primary focus as of now should be improving the above-mentioned areas. However, I would like to see him testing the waters in the summer, especially if he’s improved himself during conference play.

https://edemirnba.substack.com/p/kymany-houinsou-scouting-report

Thanks for posting, good article
Things seem to be shaping up for next season :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next