It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:08 pm 

If I am correct these are our possible opponents for Thursday. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:16 pm 

Part of me wants revenge against the Bonnie’s

But another part of me wants one of the other two coming to play us as their third game in 3 days

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:41 pm 

Interestingly, Bonnie's lost by double digits to each of La Salle and George Washington during the last few weeks of the season. They also lost at home to SLU in the last game of the regular season. Somehow, they lost to a bunch of play-in game teams but beat us during the last stretch of the season.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:15 pm 

I'm fine with it being any of those three teams. But if the Revenge Tour will continue on, bring us Bona and, down the road, Richmond or VCU!

By the time Loyola takes to the court on Thursday, we'll be one of six teams left alive. The double bye is a powerful drug.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:15 pm 

With needing the automatic qualifier and no hope of an at large birth, give me some upsets and high seeds all the way through. The more games on the opponents legs the better!

Save the revenge for next season!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:56 pm 

Wasted energy. Play whoever is front of you. Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:19 am 

I have no fear playing Bonnies at a neutral site on the second day of a back to back for them.

It stinks that there is a day off on Friday. I think our depth and Dayton's lack of it would have been an advantage to us in a semi.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:01 am 

Nobody is really saying it yet, but in a tournament that only has a Friday break, we are the most dangerous team because of our depth. We have 10 guys that average at least 12 minutes per game, and after that we have Tom and Schwieger. It truly is an 11 man rotation that nobody else in this league has.

The most important thing we have to do is avoid any massive first half runs by our opponents in all 3 games and we should have enough depth in the second half to wear teams down and take control.

I think we want LaSalle to blow out GW and get their starters out early enough to be ready for the Bonnies on Wednesday. From there, I don’t think we care if Saint Bonaventure or LaSalle win, as long as they’re involved in a dog fight and wear each other down.

I know it sounds cliché, but this team really is built for March. Teams like Dayton and Richmond are tied to guys like Holmes and King. If those guys are off, the whole team is off. We don’t have that problem. We can still win if one of our top producers struggles.

Our success in this tournament is predicated on:
1) making adjustments early to find the hot hand to ride each game;
2) keeping guys relatively rested and ready in second halves;
3) making free throws; and
4) limiting turnovers.

Two of those objectives are heavily coaching-based, and two are heavily player-based. Do 3 of those 4 things well and we will win out. Ultimately, it’s all about us and what we do more than it’s about who we play. Thursday cannot come soon enough.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:15 am 

LaSalle defeated GW 61-60 will play the Bonnies at 4 today on the USA network for the right to play the Ramblers.
SLU continues a mini renaissance with a first round victory and 4 of their last 6...
Davidson calls it a season with an overtime lose to Fordham

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:53 pm 

I hope our game is reffed like this VCU/Fordham game. It's very physical out there and teams are getting away with a lot of contact. That favors us quite a bit.