It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:41 am 

With UIC firing Yak, I wonder if they take a look at Bryan Mullins. His connections in Chicago would be invaluable. And coaching UIC vs his alma matter might be a little less stressful.

Alternatively, I can see him joining Porter's staff (either at OU or at DePaul...).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:55 am 

Answer to goramblers2011.
With 30 major league teams having 26 players on each active roster, each team has a few players who seldom enter a major league game. I would consider these individuals mediocre by major league standards. However, These same players were paid at the annual rate of $720,000 for the 2023 season. That's more than twice what I earn annually. IMHO that rewards the mediocre.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:00 am 

To answer JCT:
I did not inject political issues into the discussion. I am speaking of economic and recruiting issues.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:56 am 

JC64 wrote:
Answer to goramblers2011.
With 30 major league teams having 26 players on each active roster, each team has a few players who seldom enter a major league game. I would consider these individuals mediocre by major league standards. However, These same players were paid at the annual rate of $720,000 for the 2023 season. That's more than twice what I earn annually. IMHO that rewards the mediocre.

For someone who claims to be talking economics and not politics, you don't seem have a very good grasp on some rudimentary aspects of it...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:36 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:14 pm 

…… and now former SIU recruits are coming to DePaul. Starting today with Troy D’Amico.

More to come.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:07 pm 

Will it now increase the odds to get the DePaul - Loyola dual back in motion? Also, I think moving up in conference but at a lesser position will be good for Mullins. If he wants again to be a head coach, that chance should present itself down the road.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:17 pm 

Troy Damico transfered to DePaul. With Mullen there, look for DePaul to recruit locally more. Mullens dad runs the Illinois Wolves program. DePaul will improve quicker than people think.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:32 am 

goodknight wrote:
Will it now increase the odds to get the DePaul - Loyola dual back in motion? Also, I think moving up in conference but at a lesser position will be good for Mullins. If he wants again to be a head coach, that chance should present itself down the road.

I wondered if it's the opposite. Bryan and Drew did not like coaching against each other in the Valley.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:12 am 

ahunte1 wrote:
goodknight wrote:

I wondered if it's the opposite. Bryan and Drew did not like coaching against each other in the Valley.

Curious then if Mullins not actually being the HC might factor in differently? But slightly related, I am still a proponent of a local tournament which would include DePaul, w/UIC, NU. I then wonder just how long of a wait it would be to actually see that occur? :D