It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Miles Rubin
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:37 pm 

From Pro Insight Scouting yesterday:

Loyola Chicago freshman Miles Rubin flashed intrigue in a strong outing for the Ramblers in Saturday's win over George Mason. +8 in just 16 minutes, Rubin finished with 8 points, 3 assists, and 2 blocks.

He showcased strength and touch inside, holding his ground and converting tough finishes in traffic, ending the day a perfect 4/4 from the field. He also showed passing vision out of DHOs, hitting multiple teammates on backdoor cuts, tying his season-high with 3 assists.

Defensively, his athleticism and length were on display as a rim protector, earning two weakside rotation blocks in addition to altering multiple other attempts/decisions in the paint.

A name to keep an eye on out of the A-10.

Impressive write up.

Post subject: Re: Miles Rubin
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:16 pm 

Miles did have two sweet moves yesterday and his passing has advanced. Before he was just setting screens, moving ball. Yesterday he faced the basket and passed high to low. On one basket down low he had a ,little Dame in him. Slight hesitation before he went up. He is a high IQ kid, good grades and since day one does not seem to get flustered.

He’s a keeper and more intense than his stoic demeanor would lead one to believe. Should he get stronger, develope more consistent FT shooting and a jump shot, he could have a great career beyond College.

Let’s hope Drew stays, and the program gets to the point where he will not want to leave.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:35 pm 

Miles was a beast on the glass yesterday. Fantastic game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:41 am 

The announcers, doing as announcers will do in a blow out , said Miles would be in the NBA one day!!! Keep that clip.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:09 am 

The USA Network announcers - particularly the color analyst- made a number of very bold and strong pronouncements. 3 that I can recall: Miles is an NBA talent, the Ramblers are the best team in the A10, and Drew will be the coach at Michigan State in 3 ,5 or 7 years. Let’s hope he is only right about the first 2.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:52 am 

Miles Rubin is also 4th all time in Loyola history for blocks in a season from what I can see

Andre Moore: 66 (1985)
Andre Moore: 66 (1987)
Bernie Salthe: 61 (1995)
Miles Rubin: 57 (2024)
Demetrius Williams: 55 (2003)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:45 am 

Miles has all the potential in the world. His one big flaw is that he collects bad fouls. The fouls on ball screens simply must stop. He can't help us on the bench. Our defense is totally different when he is on the floor vs on the bench. I have said it before, chop up the tape and show him EVERY foul he has committed this year and let him see where he is committing them and where on the floor he needs to be more careful, i.e. 40 feet from the basket.

Also, we get, as a team, way too many fouls on screens, on and off the ball. The coaches need to drill in that it is NOT the job of the screener to make contact with the defender. You have to be set and can't lean, stick out a hip or knee to get a piece of the defender. Its the job of the offensive player to rub off the screener tight so there is no room/gap for the defender to fight over the top. In other words, you cut tight and force the defensive player to either go underneath or directly into the chest of the screener. If the cut is bad, the screener has to stay stationary and not commit that foul by moving, leaning, or sticking out that hip, leg, or knee.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:58 pm 

I think his ability to hold a screen will develop over time. I am not sure how much his high school program used screens. Even if it did, he is going against full sized humans now, which is a big jump from 150 pound high school players. As he fills out and gets stronger, I think he will be more inclined to hold the screen rather than bail.

IMO, I think some of the referees anticipate a foul rather than see one. As his reputation develops, there will be fewer phantom calls.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:14 am 

After last night, Miles Rubin has 66 blocks. Tied for single season record?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:00 pm 

Rambler88 wrote:
After last night, Miles Rubin has 66 blocks. Tied for single season record?

Yes.

ESPN+/NBC Sports Chicago PXP
https://loyolaramblers.com/watch
http://www.soundcloud.com/ramblersn