It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:52 am 

Here’s a quick question and what does everyone think.

I think Steve Watson has assembled the best across the board coaching staffs in Mid-Major Sports in the Country. Our athletic teams are all doing well and improving. By the way, if you have never heard Allison Guth speak, make time to do so. She’s electric, has a four star coming into the Women’s Basketball program next year and has the program on the move.

Steve Watson has done a great job with the athletic department. He’s a keeper!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:45 am 

Generally, message boards are where people gripe and lament and freak out. But I don't see anything I can refute there... :)

It's been only 8 weeks (or so) since a few people were freaking out about the men's team, but even the calmest and most optimistic of us probably didn't imagine being 9-2 in the A-10, tied for 2nd, with 5 road wins.... And much of it does seem directly tied to coaching.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:36 pm 

I was always worried we would lose Steve Watson b4 we lost Coach Moser....but he seems to really like LU and living in the area...agree he has done a great job. All of our sports are doing well and are competitive. Also we have an amazing amount of sports clubs. I don't know if they are sponsored by the athletic department or Student Activities. I attended the National Women in Sports Day today and represented were rugby, lacrosse, field hockey, hockey, ultimate frisbee and all the regular varsity sports. AD Watson was there and it was a great event. Coach Guth gave a great talk to the girls in attendance.