It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: COVID and Current Roster
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:42 pm 

Does anyone know which of our true seniors will have a COVID year left, if any? Sheldon was a freshman I believe when COVID hit. I am curious in regards to Sheldon Edwards in particular. His athleticism and shooting would be nice to have with Watson, Dawson and Quinn next year.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:07 pm 

Sheldon Edwards is the only one who still has an extra year due to Covid.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:04 am 

Thanks. I actually found your Scholarship Chat after I posted. I hope Sheldon comes back. He's a great Culture guy and he can Ball.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:23 am 

Thinking about a starting lineup next year of JQ, Dawson, Des, Sheldon & Rubin. That's a legit lineup. Obviously A LOT can change between now and then, but it is exciting. Add a steady guard transfer (see, e.g., Dolan) and a big man transfer (see, e.g., Dame). Exciting times!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:47 pm 

Include also - Schweiger for 2 more years (assuming he stays), and Trey Lewis for 3 years (assuming he stays also).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:08 pm 

What I appreciate most about this year's coaching is the willingness to let some of the younger players develop. I think it would be easy to lean on Welch, Dame and Dolan (or Nolan, if you broadcast GM games) for more minutes (or squeeze another ten minutes out of Des and Brandon) and not let JQ, Dawson, Edwards and Rubin get meaningful minutes. We struggled at times, but the growth is there. I do not remember a season where I have seen so much in-season growth. Most teams worry about growing cold when they are not playing. Our team actual improves during breaks. This is a positive sign - especially in these transfer portal times. Credit to Coach Valentine and his staff and Steve Watson for doing what now seems obvious.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:24 am 

RamblerRagas wrote:
Include also - Schweiger for 2 more years (assuming he stays), and Trey Lewis for 3 years (assuming he stays also).

Schwieger redshirted, this is his 3rd year as a Rambler. He has gone from the A10 All Rookie Team to zero minutes. Announcers have mentioned during broadcasts that Schwieger needs to improve his defense in order to get some run. It is highly doubtful that he returns. He could be a solid player somewhere.