It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:58 pm 

jmiller2794 wrote:
It looks like the game of change again out here.

LOL

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:51 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
jmiller2794 wrote:
It looks like the game of change again out here.

LOL

Yeah, that was kinda weird seeing the starting five and the bench. Not sure what's up with their recruiting

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:08 pm 

Postgame with Drew and Des: https://on.soundcloud.com/gjm2h

ESPN+/NBC Sports Chicago PXP
https://loyolaramblers.com/watch
http://www.soundcloud.com/ramblersn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:48 pm 

Another great win for us and we did it again with a starter out.

Great crowd today, and I hope it continues the rest of the way and I think it will. Hats off to the students.

Des had the high end type of game everyone knows he could have against his old team (even though he turned a few over)

Great to see the 3 balls dropping today, especially two for JQ. Team at 50%.

No Ramblers with 4 fouls.

Sheldon is coming along just fine. Good to see him in the lineup. We need to know what he can do and we're finding it out. Looking good.

Both Phil and Dame were definite factors today but they also need to make it to all of the breakfast clubs.

A little of a rough go for Miles regarding points, but he certainly pulled through on the other things like he usually does.

Overall, a great win and we’re the only one in the A-10 with the 7-2 record.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:51 pm 

Who was the "big time recruit" we had at the game?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:23 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:

I saw Steve Watson entertaining a very tall young man before the game but didn't recognize him.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:42 pm 

That was The Jolly Green Giant from Le Sueur HS in Minnesota.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:29 pm 

Hitaputt wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:

I saw Steve Watson entertaining a very tall young man before the game but didn't recognize him.

Correct, a recruit. Steve mentioned “Egypt” and “NBA Developmental League”. Sorry, didn’t get much other details. I was just wowed of the young man’s height and for a point guard. Tried my bestest to not spill any beer. I hope our institution and fan base made a very favorable impression on him.

Incredible where our attitudes were at back in December, to where we are now. This team has improved so much so quickly. Getting lots of notice in the CBB world this evening. Gotta love it.

Everybody on Davidson looked like they could file my taxes.

If we are to continue being contenders, we absolutely should win the next 2 on the road.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:03 pm 

I just got back from the game (it's a long drive for us.) A couple of observations. Loyola is very difficult when Des, Braden and/or one of Dolan and Edwards are hitting threes. Seeing Davidson live, they play good weak side defense and make things hard on the post players by collapsing on them hard. Davidson have a lot of length. The risk they took was to leave gaps on the perimeter. In the 2nd half, Loyola hit some big threes by finding that space on the perimeter after the ball was rotated. It seemed every time Davidson looked like they might make it interesting, someone came up big. It was a good Rambler performance and Loyola wasn't turnover prone in the second half. There were some weird ones, but no Pics-6s that I recall. Quinn was great. I was watching both his on-ball and off-ball defense. He could turn into another Lucas Williamson-level defender. Dolan is playing consistently and that helps the team. Something is off with Phil on the offensive side of the ball. He is struggling to get his shots off the flow of the game. It feels like he just needs to regain some confidence. He plays hard and does a lot of work defensively. The Ramblers are going to have to battle for the rest of the season to keep ahead of the pack that's chasing-- there's not a lot of margin for error in the conference. However, it's going to be just as hard for the teams chasing the Ramblers since they will be beating each other up too. I'm really hoping we can get one of those top four spots for the A10 tourney. It would make for a very nice season.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:23 pm 

Quick Note, the Egyptian recruit was sitting behind me. He was a very pleasant, soft spoken young man. I couldn’t catch his name with noise and being deaf in one ear. He stated he was a point guard and had good size. He might be as tall as Quinn and looked athletic and good build. He was taking it all in and stated we offered him. At the end of the game when the crowd was standing and clock ticking down, he was taking a video of the scene. Wish I caught his name.

My thoughts and some stats to follow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next