It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:38 pm 

Interesting that we got Patrick who is a graduate of the NBA Africa Academy and now potentially another recruit in just a to year span. I wonder what the connection to Loyola is and if Patrick has had anything to do with this.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:49 pm 

Another interesting game.
1. That was some intense defense.
2. Adelekum just has an experienced sense of where the ball is going to be...
3. I wonder if Miles has hit the freshman duldrums..teams seem to be playing him significantly more physically, really getting into his body and attempting to push him around. A year in the gym is really going to help him
4. First half we had an assist on every basket!!!!!!!!!..leading the A10 in assists.
5. Hope Phil gets more efficient.Do what you can do. dont do what you cant do.
6. What is up with the Sun Times guy...practically imploring Depaul to send a car for Drew.
7. If Quinn can continue to hit the 3s....oh boy!!!
8. So Davidson tried to double down low a lot and we found and hit the 3's...couple games ago at Fordham they refused to double and tried to cover the shooters and we killed em down low....seems like we can get it done inside and outside....nice!
9. I know we had some major turnover games earlier this year but when you look at how quick we are trying to move and how quick kids have to decide what to do and how many new players we had kind of makes sense that it took us awhile to get it going...but assists on every basket in the first half....that is something.
10. Davidson was interesting...Lots of tall guys. Loved their spacing on offense.really made us work on D and we did.
11. Did anyone notice with about 3 minutes to go Norris hit a 3 pointer flashed a 3 sign at #3 on Davidson and said something going up court. Then Norris got fouled went to the free throw line and #3 stood right in his face till they took him out. Did anyone else catch any of this?
12. I would love 2-0 on the road trip but I think I would settle for 1-1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:35 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
11. Did anyone notice with about 3 minutes to go Norris hit a 3 pointer flashed a 3 sign at #3 on Davidson and said something going up court. Then Norris got fouled went to the free throw line and #3 stood right in his face till they took him out. Did anyone else catch any of this?

I thought I saw the same too. Hope watching the replay shows this too.
I also caught Braden chattering with #5 also later on in the second, during a few inbounds.

Didn't realize Davidson has 2 local guys, and add a third if Milwaukee suburbs counts. Explained why there was a presence of a few fans / family members. They also have 4 international guys too. Interesting roster building....

Regretfully, missed and did not pay attention to Drew and McKillop in the handshake line. Heard of some drama there too.

We cannot take these guys lightly on March 6th at their gym. The pleasure could be theirs, but hopefully not.....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:10 pm 

Nice win. It seems like all the A10 games have a certain amount of physicality, which leads to more smack talk and intimidation.
The team continues to improve. I am sure this is a combination of the players understanding the system and the coaches understanding their own roles and getting to know each other. I don't think we can underestimate the impact of all the coaching turnover from last season.
Coach Valentine went through the handshake line without incident, but moments beforehand he was celebrating, which I thought was odd.
The broadcast sound was better - I didn't hear the screeching owls.
Interesting note, the telecast mentioned that Davidson Freshman Bobby Durkin's grandfather and father played at Loyola.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:58 pm 

on the telecast (which I thought was good...I heard the screecher once or twice but not outlandish) they showed him and mentioned was unusual for him to be wearing a Davidson sweater..but then explained the reason. I wonder if we were ever interested or if he is a kid we will contact in a year or two?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:44 pm 

I noticed Drew in the handshake line. He didn’t really do anything- he just shook the coaches hand quickly and moved past him. Kinda looked past him and kept moving. Looked like their coach wanted to say a few words - which is normal - and drew didn’t stop and give him the chance. No big deal - but it was noticeable….:and maybe a little unusual. I could see the Davidson fans making comments about it

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:47 pm 

Durkins Dad, Bill Durkin played his last 2 years for George Ireland. I think 75 may have been his graduation year. I believe his Father played for Ramblers in the 40's.

Would've been nice to add Bobby to lineage, could be a real nice player by the time he's done.