It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:06 pm 

again an entertaining game..yes I wish we would have won. but to me they had a chance to win, didnt quit, played hard, Coach coached hard (got in some guys faces) Dont think the one on one stuff is selfish, I think it is confidence. Fine line to try and bring a boil down to a simmer..
Lot of improvement since the beginning of the season...and sometimes you just lose when another teams player gets hot and yours get cold.
Also thought even though we are bigger this year than last some A=10 teams are still bigger and longer than us...and VCU was one of em.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:24 pm 

Some high praise of us on the VCU board. Lots of posters saying we are for real this year. And comparisons to recent (very successful) VCU squads that play TOUGH physical defense for 40 minutes. They said the 1st half was one of the first times in a while that they were out-toughed, out-worked and out-physicaled for long stretches.

On one hand, I am happy we have a week off. Some really tough battles lately. Need time to recover, watch film, regroup. On the other hand, I wish we had a chance to get the taste of a loss out of our mouths quickly. Hope it doesn't linger. Our goal of a double-bye is still completely within our control.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:31 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Some high praise of us on the VCU board.

That's nice but to be fair they just watched SLU absolutely roll over and play zero defense so the comparison is flattering!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:33 pm 

Mudville21 wrote:
goramblers2011 wrote:
Interesting that Tom got 0 minutes and Mwamba only got 3. Thought Mwamba would have matched up well on Bamisile. The Trey Lewis minutes were....odd.

Mwamba was bad in his minutes. He got beat back door and lost Bamisille once. He was lost on defense.

Tough moments there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:07 pm 

The missed Jayden Dawson three from dead-on after the missed free throw was a killer. Just one of those night. I think they played well generally. This a good team that is fun to watch but they're not good enough to win shooting 4-20 from the 3 point line. Bamisile alone had more made threes that the whole team.

Another kinda off night from Phil. I don't mind watching him force some shots down low cause he's so strong that he makes some that seem like they have no chance. But he shot 20% from the floor and 25% from the line.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:13 pm 

you know this was a quick turn around and two in a row on the road and when the legs go....the shot goes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:16 am 

natetheskate wrote:
you know this was a quick turn around and two in a row on the road and when the legs go....the shot goes.

The A10 schedule is full of really lopsided rest/travel advantages.